Forum: Ruby on Rails Performance reports by mail in production

91308e9bc88cb069fd1bcf88e910d042?d=identicon&s=25 Nick Snels (nicksnels)

in development mode you can turn auto_explain_threshold_in_seconds on
and see when a query is slow in the command prompt. Is there a gem that
can send me slow queries and slow loading pages in production mode? That
would make monitoring performance a lot easier. Thanks.
On Friday, September 7, 2012 9:05:28 AM UTC+1, Ruby-Forum.com User
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in development mode you can turn auto_explain_threshold_in_seconds on
> and see when a query is slow in the command prompt. Is there a gem that
> can send me slow queries and slow loading pages in production mode? That
> would make monitoring performance a lot easier. Thanks.
>
> There are (paid) services like http://www.unionstationapp.com  & newrelic
that do this.

This is probably quite easy to implement in rails 3 using the
ActiveSupport::Notifications stuff.

Fred