Forum: Ruby Avi Glitch - how to?

Ab9ad822419621d3780e08fb8c2b6352?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin C. (kevin_c96)
on 2012-08-31 17:20
http://ucnv.github.com/aviglitch/

could someone walk me through using this?

I am relatively new to using terminal and ruby, ect.

Thank you very much
B8fc17d438aac61ece6a6a28f4dee931?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Mcelroy (sophrinix)
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Kevin C. <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> http://ucnv.github.com/aviglitch/
>
> could someone walk me through using this?

lol. I love it. this is a very amusing library.
Ok. So some questions:

What operating system are you using ( Mac, Linux, Windows, something
else)?
Do you have ruby installed.
Do you know how to get to the terminal?

let's start there.

Andrew McElroy
Ab9ad822419621d3780e08fb8c2b6352?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin C. (kevin_c96)
on 2012-08-31 22:24
Thank you andrew for the help!

I am using mac os x 10.8 (mountain lion). I have installed ruby, and I
do know how to get to the terminal. I have no problem using the datamosh
command correctly, but this is the simplest part i think ( datamosh
file.avi)

I am confused on how to successfully do the frame manipulation. I don't
know much about any of this, but I would think I need create a new .rb
file to execute?

again, thank you so much for your help
Afdbc9957aee4dcf6bfbc880e2f5df16?d=identicon&s=25 Annisa U. (annisa_u)
on 2012-09-20 20:49
hello! im new to this and i have same exact question with Kevin. the
thing is i think i have failed to install the ruby gem, i am totally new
into this stuff, but im dying to do glitch art.

so.. anybody? help please?

thank you very much!
Abbe9f1ceb1ebc50d1a5ac80a8d416e6?d=identicon&s=25 James Harrison (Guest)
Hey Annisa,

the amount of time required to give you the ramp-up you're asking for is
pretty formidable; you might want ot start by learning the basics by
yourself, how to install a gem and require it, how to use basic ruby
syntax, then come back with specific functionality questions.

Jams
Existing account

No account? Register here.