Forum: IronRuby IronRuby scripting in Windows Store apps

Tomas M. (Guest)
(Seems like my previous email didn't go thru, trying again)

I have just checked in a sample Windows 8 application that evaluates
Ruby code and displays result.

https://github.com/IronLanguages/main/tree/master/...

Feel free to play with it. The basics should work but definitely expect
bugs :). To try it out build Ruby.sln Win8 configuration:

main\Solutions> msbuild Ruby.sln /p:Configuration="Win8Debug"

Then open Hosts\WindowsStore\IronApp.sln, build and run.

The app is a regular C# Windows Store app that uses ScriptEngine to
execute Ruby code against a ScriptScope containing a main variable,
which is set to be the application MainPage UI element.

Tomas
Orion E. (Guest)
> ...as opposed to one of a set of predefined types whose source is compiled
> into IronRuby.

Or any types precompiled ahead of time, which is what I'm working on
now. I need it for Android anyway, but it looks like I'll need it here
too.

- Jeff