Forum: Ruby on Rails ActiveScaffold Export file - Send as Email

A58efeee01e2d1e85e12137430fa0374?d=identicon&s=25 Priya Saini (priyasaini)
on 2012-07-19 09:04
I am using Rails 1.2.3 and Active scaffold 1.1.1
My requirement is to send the export of users data weekly to the admin
as email via cron.

How can i automate the process of exporting csv and storing it at a
place? So that i can pick it from there and attach to the email before
sending?
5d75f8af878f069a3b5939894c2e57ab?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick Mulder (Guest)
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Priya Saini <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
> I am using Rails 1.2.3 and Active scaffold 1.1.1
> My requirement is to send the export of users data weekly to the admin
> as email via cron.
>
> How can i automate the process of exporting csv and storing it at a
> place? So that i can pick it from there and attach to the email before
> sending?

Your problem is only partly related to Rails, but here is are some
topics that you need to research:

1. How to run Cron jobs in your Linux distribution:
* Have a look at "man crontab", "crontab -e", crontab -l"

2. You need to either call a rake task from your cron job, or, you
write a simple shell script.
Maybe a good start would be looking at the following projects:
https://www.ruby-toolbox.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93...

* I also wrote a small import/export tool for a Rails application:
https://github.com/mulderp/ffcrm_cli
Maybe it's helpful, note that you can load your rails environment for
any script by using:

require './config/environment'
A58efeee01e2d1e85e12137430fa0374?d=identicon&s=25 Priya Saini (priyasaini)
on 2012-07-20 06:19
Thanks for the reply Patrick.

But my main concern is to store the activescaffold export in the file
system. So that i can send it as attachment.
I am familiar with cron process.

Thanks
47c3bf3f807ad8b7e45ca249ea9860f2?d=identicon&s=25 vishal singh (Guest)
hi,

I know how to upload file in particular folder and then import that file
 from that folder in active scaffold.Is this functionality is helpful
for
you?

Regards,
Vishal Singh
A58efeee01e2d1e85e12137430fa0374?d=identicon&s=25 Priya Saini (priyasaini)
on 2012-07-20 08:27
No, Vishal this will not help.
Thanks
vishal singh wrote in post #1069417:
> hi,
>

> I know how to upload file in particular folder and then import that file
>  from that folder in active scaffold.Is this functionality is helpful
> for
> you?
>

> Regards,
> Vishal Singh
D7ba8a8bc1cd57ef2885fb74f43c5682?d=identicon&s=25 Amardeep Singh (Guest)
how much experience do your have priya in Ror
Existing account

No account? Register here.