Forum: JRuby [ANN] JotBot desktop app source code released

0c1520038e7f70997042b0c9e721df76?d=identicon&s=25 James Britt (Guest)
Hey all!

To celebrate my birthday I am releasing the source code for JotBot, one
of the first commercial JRuby applications.

It's a desktop app for time tracking and reporting.

http://jamesbritt.com/posts/today-is-my-birthday-s...

The code was all based on older versions of Java, JRuby, Monkeybars, and
Rawr, but I think with some tweaking you can get it to run OK.

It builds for me but I get an error about some missing jdic thing on
Ubuntu when I run it. :(

If nothing else it has some interesting examples of Monkeybars and
JRuby+Swing usage.

James Britt

--

Neurogami - Avant-garage Research & Development

http://www.neurogami.com

james@neurogami.com
7ad5f543b9592aa423771338c057d7e5?d=identicon&s=25 Gergo (Guest)
James,
Happy BirthDay and thank you very much for the present!
(I was just about to buy it ... or at least start with something like it
:)
Cheers!
Gergo
Gergo wrote:
> James,
> Happy BirthDay and thank you very much for the present!

My pleasure.  Hope you can get it working. :)

> (I was just about to buy it ... or at least start with something like it :)

BTW, I need to update the README on the project to mention some  rare,
but not impossible, issues.

Some people have reported DB corruption.  Something to do with indices
getting borked.  It's repairable using a tool such as dbvisualize, but
it's annoying.  I tried to see what might have been causing it, but all
the SQL calls looked OK so I think it's an H2 issue.

http://h2database.com/html/links.html#tools

Also, I have at times (twice, to my knowledge, over a few years)  seen
cases were the calculated report values did not match my own summation
of the individual values.  This is a more serious issue for anyone using
it for billing.

James
Existing account

No account? Register here.