Forum: Ruby Unable to do the barcode scanning for windows mobile platform

52803ad1e334d9879bfbcd6cbed3405a?d=identicon&s=25 santosh panigrahy (god_bunu)
on 2012-07-05 18:43
I am trying to do barcode scanning from the sample api given in
MotorolaRhoMobileSuite2.0.5. I need to do this for Windows Mobile
platfrom and Motorola SSB-MC9190G-30 device. Here is my build.yml file:
app_type: "rhoelements"
name: "SampleApi"
applog: "rholog.txt"
version: "1.0.7"
vendor: "rhomobile"
wm:
  extensions:
    - barcode
  capabilities:
    - camera
    - non_motorola_device

While running the application, I am able to see the images. But, when I
click on scan link for the image, it shows the below error in the
screen:

"E500 error page. Happen when non ::Rhom::RecordNotFound exception
raised
uninitialized constant BarcodeRecognizerController::Barcode"

And in console, I am getting the below exception

const_missing: BarcodeRecognizer
require_compiled: BarcodeRecognizer/controller
const_missing: Barcode
App error: uninitialized constant BarcodeRecognizerController::Barcode
 C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite2.0.5/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-3.3.3/lib/framework/rho/rho.rb:1374:in
`const_missing'
show error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant
BarcodeRecognizerController::Barcode>

As per logs, it's causing error due to the BarcodeRecognizer.find(:all)
statement mentioned below.
def index
    puts "Barcode index controller"
     @barcodes = BarcodeRecognizer.find(:all)
    render :back => '/app'
  end

I didn't find the BarcodeRecognizer class anywhere in the api.

Could any body help me to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Santosh.
Abbe9f1ceb1ebc50d1a5ac80a8d416e6?d=identicon&s=25 Jam (Guest)
Hey santosh,

This isn't a ruby language issue: you should be looking to contact
Motorola's support. Sounds like you might be missing a Motorola library
or something.

Jams
52803ad1e334d9879bfbcd6cbed3405a?d=identicon&s=25 santosh panigrahy (god_bunu)
on 2012-07-06 11:01
Thanx for the response Jams. Could you please provide me any link or any
source, so that I can get help on the issue, as I am totally new to
mobile app. I opened https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home link. But,
couldn't find any Motorola SSB-MC9190G-30 device or any related. And
where will I get the related library or API where I can find the missing
things mentioned above.
Please suggest.

On Jul 6, 2012, at 3:02 AM, santosh panigrahy <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

> Thanx for the response Jams. Could you please provide me any link or any
> source, so that I can get help on the issue, as I am totally new to
> mobile app. I opened https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home link. But,
> couldn't find any Motorola SSB-MC9190G-30 device or any related. And
> where will I get the related library or API where I can find the missing
> things mentioned above.
> Please suggest.

A quick search on google showed there's a google groups posting that
deals with your error. The group is here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!for...

Their first response was to check your build.yml file. I don't know
anything about rhomobile, but you seem to be sitting in
misconfiguration-land.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!top...
is the thread.
34fd3d337f82a12684c6607cebc0ef40?d=identicon&s=25 mario william (rugbylisew)
on 2013-09-12 11:11
Here is a barcode scanning source:
http://www.onbarcode.com/products/net_barcode_reader/
Existing account