Forum: wxRuby Wxruby Homepage Hijacked

D91bed43c57f64216edd0e887ebf9378?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Shapiro (Guest)

It seems like the wxruby homepage has been replaced by a mortgage
broker.  I do need to refinance, but I was more interested in some
documentation on wxruby.  Is this a sign that the project is fading
into oblivion?  If so, I would really like to know what new
cross-platform library people are using for developing ruby desktop
applications.

Josh
Hi

> It seems like the wxruby homepage has been replaced by a mortgage broker.
> I do need to refinance, but I was more interested in some documentation on
> wxruby.

Try the wxRuby page: http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl  This
comes up
first on search engines.

Someone registered the domain years ago, then it lapsed and got bought
up.
It doesn't seem to me a big enough problem to spend time or money on it.

> Is this a sign that the project is fading into oblivion?  If so, I would
> really like to know what new cross-platform library people are using for
> developing ruby desktop applications.

Fading into oblivion? Not much active development and some bugs &
problems
with newer platforms - but - a pretty complete and stable port of one of
the
most capable cross-platform GUI toolkits. You take your pick.

I'm not aware of any exciting developments in the GUI libraries for Ruby
in
the past few years, but I don't follow it that closely these days.

Cheers
alex
D91bed43c57f64216edd0e887ebf9378?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Shapiro (Guest)
Ok. Thanks.  The "Homepage" link from rubygems.org takes me to the
"non" wxruby website.  I've been using wxruby some and I like it, but
I just want to make sure that I'm not investing a lot of time into a
platform that isn't going to last.
OK - thanks for the heads-up. We should correct that link. I'll have to
figure out where it comes from.

alex

85991f138ede6236f35eb98da22b7b01?d=identicon&s=25 Marvin Gülker (quintus)
85991f138ede6236f35eb98da22b7b01?d=identicon&s=25 Marvin Gülker (quintus)