Forum: Ruby tutorials on accessing Java from Ruby?

D4d28bd014f9e7324bad99dcc3b0d390?d=identicon&s=25 rdm (Guest)
There are several substantial Java packages that I'd like to
use and/or extend by means of Ruby.  Having no experience with
Java, let alone RJNI, I find this to be a bit intimidating.
Are there any tutorials on how to do this sort of thing?

-r
82e62c756d89bc6fa0a0a2d7f2b1e617?d=identicon&s=25 rosco (Guest)
On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:51:25 -0000, Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com> wrote:

> There are several substantial Java packages that I'd like to
> use and/or extend by means of Ruby.  Having no experience with
> Java, let alone RJNI, I find this to be a bit intimidating.
> Are there any tutorials on how to do this sort of thing?
>
> -r

I've not looked into it much myself yet, but take a look at:

	http://jruby.sourceforge.net/

particularly:

	http://jruby.sourceforge.net/docs/java-highlevel.shtml