Type conversion error

Has anyone run into type conversion errors where you get a message like:

can’t convert PcapFileHandler::PcapFileWriter into
PcapFileHandler::PcapFileWriter (TypeError)

when doing:

packetHandlerWrapper.PcapWriter =
NetworkMiner::PacketHandlerWriter.clr_new("", someobj)

I am totally buggered up with this. The packetHandlerWrapepr.PcapWriter
is
nil when I inspect it with ruby.

I have to solve this by tonight :’(

-a

If I had six hours to chop down a tree, Id spend the first four of them
sharpening my axe.

-Abraham Lincoln

Yes, you probably have the assembly that defines the type loaded twice
in different load contexts (Load vs LoadFrom).
That might happen if you load the assembly using a file path (require
‘x.dll’) instead of a full assembly name and then dependency loads it as
well.

Tomas

Has anyone run into type conversion errors where you get a message like:

can’t convert PcapFileHandler::PcapFileWriter into
PcapFileHandler::PcapFileWriter (TypeError)

when doing:

packetHandlerWrapper.PcapWriter =
NetworkMiner::PacketHandlerWriter.clr_new(“”, someobj)

I am totally buggered up with this. The packetHandlerWrapepr.PcapWriter
is nil when I inspect it with ruby.

I have to solve this by tonight :cry:

-a

“If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend the first four of
them sharpening my axe”.

-Abraham Lincoln

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Tomas M. <
[email protected]> wrote:

What is it with this big blue font, Tomas? :smiley: