Forum: Ruby Qt Ruby Bindings in Ubuntu?

46fa933af973ed7e149737c9efecb429?d=identicon&s=25 ghuntress (Guest)
I know this is more of an ubuntu and apt-get problem but I thought maybe
someone here has run across this already.   I want to use Qt bindings in
ruby and I've been told that I need to install the package
libqt0-ruby1.8.   I've also been told that it is in the universe
repository.  I have both source and binary universe repositories enabled
but synaptic does not return any hits when I search for libqt0.

If I try it from the command line via:   apt-get install libqt0-ruby1.8
I get:

Package libqt0-ruby1.8 is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
E: Package libqt0-ruby1.8 has no installation candidate

I'd appreciate any tips or advice to get this working!

Gary
19f65b7dca6831edf989224b5ebd3fe0?d=identicon&s=25 tsumeruby (Guest)
On Tuesday 06 December 2005 11:39 am, gary huntress wrote:
> Package libqt0-ruby1.8 is not available, but is referred to by another
> package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> E: Package libqt0-ruby1.8 has no installation candidate
>
> I'd appreciate any tips or advice to get this working!
>

> Gary

If this were #debian, you'd be trolled out the channel for using
synaptic..
even in #ubuntu :)

Please learn to use the command line tools :)

apt-get install libqt0-ruby1.8

btw, which ubuntu version are you using?

Tsume

p.s. Add the proper repositories
46fa933af973ed7e149737c9efecb429?d=identicon&s=25 ghuntress (Guest)
You can see in my original post that I did try exactly the command line
you
suggested, and I posted the error I received.
I am using hoary hedgehog, and as I said I have all the standard
repositories enabled.

Gary