Forum: Ruby on Rails Upgrade Typo from 2.5.5 to trunk

42172acdf3c6046f84d644cb0b94642c?d=identicon&s=25 pergesu (Guest)
I'd like to get all the latest and greatest features of Typo, and it
looks like trunk is the place to get them.  I checked out the trunk,
set up my database info, and ran rake migrate:

%rake migrate
(in /usr/home/pergesu/www/flpr.org/typo)
rake aborted!
 is not a class/module

Rails 14.1, ruby 1.8.2, PostgreSQL 8.1.  Any advice on how I can
upgrade my blog to the trunk version?  I tried wiping the database and
importing the new schema, then importing all my content, but the
schema has changed so much that I couldn't really get it to work.  Any
help is appreciated.

Pat
3f900b38ec3b2c45427c354722fa4ce3?d=identicon&s=25 tom (Guest)
I got this same error on the command line.  However, when I navigated to
the
/admin page, I was prompted to perform the migration, and that worked
great!
42172acdf3c6046f84d644cb0b94642c?d=identicon&s=25 pergesu (Guest)
Wow sweet, I didn't even consider going to the admin section.  Didn't
know you could do migrations through there.  Looks like it worked
perfectly...thanks for the tip!
A52b0e1c5d982f2512a03c5dbfd033d6?d=identicon&s=25 rasputnik (Guest)
On 17/11/05, Pat Maddox <pergesu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow sweet, I didn't even consider going to the admin section.  Didn't
> know you could do migrations through there.  Looks like it worked
> perfectly...thanks for the tip!

I think you tried to migrate your development environment.

  rake environment RAILS_ENV=production migrate

should work (the webapp is already running under production).

http://number9.hellooperator.net/