Forum: Ruby Interactive browser/IDE for Ruby

Aa1f23332dbb5408a55ed190648ba172?d=identicon&s=25 mark.ericson (Guest)
I'm sure this has been asked before on this list...  I was wondering if
there are any Smalltalk-like IDE/Browser environments in the works for
Ruby?

Certainly there are differences between an image-based environment like
Smalltalk, and more of a scripting language like Ruby.  But I certainly
would love to have the ability to easily browse the source of all the
Ruby
libraries and other add-ons in an environment like a Smalltalk browser.

Thanks,

<Mark/>
A7c9c275318af9e1e3812fab9660cd7c?d=identicon&s=25 jeff.darklight (Guest)
Actually, I'd love to see something like IRB that would let you play
like
IRB does ( since you'd have live autocompletion ) .... and let you then
save
out the living environment ( code and all ) ... so that the env could be
re-instated whenever/whereever.

that would be a beautiful thing.

it would be interesting to store out all of that stuff ...

... that would be a cool project.

j.

--
"Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang.org"

Jeff Wood
70e75393627d9fed2ba436a6a28979f1?d=identicon&s=25 spoooq (Guest)
This isnt going to be practical until we have ruby-in-ruby. Lots of
cool ideas are waiting for that to arrive.