Forum: Inkscape Re: Shrinking the results of JPG to SVG conversion

Db15e18793a09a11c8b4e5433f60e3e3?d=identicon&s=25 Pranav Lal (Guest)
Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that I need to batch convert the files so I
can't
open inkscape and do things like trace the bitmap as shown on sites like
http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com/2008/10/27/c...
works-for-jpg-too/
827ca7ffe66d5c3013da1fe3ff7091a5?d=identicon&s=25 Robert Funnell (Guest)
Pranav -

Can you say something about what you're trying to accomplish, or why
you're doing this? JPEG files are designed to be very small for a
given quality, so it's hardly surprising that an SVG version would be
much bigger. Perhaps you could downsample or smooth the JPEG images?

- Robert
0a46ed41d1219c541de8bcbfc471ed85?d=identicon&s=25 Geoffrey (Guest)
Hi, I am running CrunchBang a debian based distro. I would like use a
more recent version than 0.47.

I note on the wiki is says
"Currently the 0.47b2 checkout does not have a debian sub-directory, so
the following will not work:"

Making an easy build unavailable. I have tried to a build (0.48.2) from
source so far that process hasn't been successful. Is there an easier
way?

Suggestions please?

Thanks.
8b3c344f0adba6016612e05447039f44?d=identicon&s=25 john Culleton (Guest)
On Wed, 02 May 2012 09:15:21 +1000
Geoffrey <lordgeoffrey@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Suggestions please?
>
> Thanks.

Not a regular Debian user. Someone gave me this deb file which might
help:
inkscape_0.48.4-0.1_i386.deb

Google on it.

--