Forum: Inkscape Export a single Group in a page to PDF

9832b403929cdb918b0da141e0c38fb9?d=identicon&s=25 Roshan James (Guest)
Hi All,

I am using inkscape to draw lots of small diagrams to include in my
thesis. Is there some way I can export only a single group on my
inkscape
svg to a PDF?

Currently I do this by right clicking on the group and memorizing the
group
id number. Then I go to "Save as" and select pdf, enter the filename and
in
the PDF export dialog I type in the group number to limit the export to
only that element.

Is there a way to make this easier? If I could somehow select a group
and
then export the currently selected thing, that would be *much* more
convenient that memorizing 5 digit numbers every time I want to export
something.

Roshan
48daad611ba387f8473b0c1e5792aa3f?d=identicon&s=25 Shawn H Corey (Guest)
On 12-04-15 06:05 PM, Roshan James wrote:
> and then export the currently selected thing, that would be *much* more
> convenient that memorizing 5 digit numbers every time I want to export
> something.

The only thing I can think of is to have another document open where you
can copy & paste to. The File -> Save As... and select "Export area is
drawing".

Of course, you would have to clear the other document before you paste.
;)

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
   Shawn

as it is about coding.

[updated for today's programmers]
"Show me your code and conceal your interfaces, and I shall continue
to be mystified. Show me your interfaces, and I won't usually need
your code; it'll be obvious."
  -- Fred Brooks

Don't be clever; being great is good enough.
Existing account

No account? Register here.