Forum: IronRuby Questions around load order of rb files in Libs and StdLib

48bf247037f46e594599b6a2c9532b66?d=identicon&s=25 Alistair Bush (Guest)
More questions.

Im assuming that Lib is loaded before StdLib and can therefore override
any
implementations in StdLib right?

Also the Readme file states

"complex18.rb and rational18.rb are taken from MRI 1.8.6
      - this should be replaced by IronRuby's own implementation of
Complex
and Rational builtins in future

    gem_prelude.rb taked from Ruby 1.9.2 source distribution and adapted
      - should be replaced by an implementation in
IronRuby.Libraries.dll"

Im kinda assuming that the first question is correct here. but would we
be able
to have the complex/rational and gem_prelude files located in the Lib
directory.  I would like it if the StdLib is as vanilla as possible
(preferrably 100% minus any *.so if that makes you happy).

The reason I ask is because I plan on not using the StdLib dir from your
tree
at all when I package IronRuby.  but will instead point it to ruby19's.
This
will save hd space/maintainance effort and mean we can fix stdlib bugs
without
waiting for ironruby upstream releases.

- Alistair.
Cb51033949ffccd982ae32c9f890f25a?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Matousek (Guest)
There are currently some small changes in the StdLib to work around
IronRuby bugs. So those need to be fixed first.

Will your IronRuby package require CRuby to be installed first?

Tomas
48bf247037f46e594599b6a2c9532b66?d=identicon&s=25 Alistair Bush (Guest)
> There are currently some small changes in the StdLib to work around
> IronRuby bugs. So those need to be fixed first.
>
> Will your IronRuby package require CRuby to be installed first?

Initially probably yes.
Cb51033949ffccd982ae32c9f890f25a?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Matousek (Guest)
I don't think it's good idea to introduce such a dependency. Why would I
need to install CRuby if I just wanted to program in Ruby on Mono/.NET?
CRuby would not be useful for me and it's additional 12MB to download
and 30MB on disk.

Besides JRuby also ships with the standard library. In fact both 1.8 and
1.9 std libs are included.

Tomas