Forum: GNU Radio FTW 802.11 with N200

1108ea0b6be70a1163d856717c2bd86c?d=identicon&s=25 Fatih (fatih_)
on 2012-04-09 11:25
Hi, I'm trying to get FTW 802.11
codes(https://www.cgran.org/wiki/ftw80211ofdmtx) working on a USRP N200
device. After investigating the source files generally, i have revised
the parts that are related to sink indication (setup_usrp_sink part) and
could run the source files. I'm using kismet wireless to sniff wifi
signals. However, i couldn't get anything from my wifi adapter. I've
recognized that in newer releases of gnu-radio usrp2_sink has been
changed with uhd_usrp_sink and interpolation configuration has been
automated. I've tried setting the sampling frequency to 50 Msps and
setting interp variable accordingly however got no result. Some help
would be much appreciated. I wonder if there is anyone getting these
codes working with the newer gnu-radio releases (>3.2.2) or at least
some general information on what changes are required for revising
the sources files written for 3.2.2 release would be nice.

Thanks,
0568c09f77fb28b9158baabecb330087?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew W. (andrew_w40)
Fatih  wrote in post #1055597:
> Hi, I'm trying to get FTW 802.11
> codes(https://www.cgran.org/wiki/ftw80211ofdmtx) working on a USRP N200
> device. After investigating the source files generally, i have revised
> the parts that are related to sink indication (setup_usrp_sink part) and
> could run the source files. I'm using kismet wireless to sniff wifi
> signals. However, i couldn't get anything from my wifi adapter. I've
> recognized that in newer releases of gnu-radio usrp2_sink has been
> changed with uhd_usrp_sink and interpolation configuration has been
> automated. I've tried setting the sampling frequency to 50 Msps and
> setting interp variable accordingly however got no result. Some help
> would be much appreciated. I wonder if there is anyone getting these
> codes working with the newer gnu-radio releases (>3.2.2) or at least
> some general information on what changes are required for revising
> the sources files written for 3.2.2 release would be nice.
>
> Thanks,

Hey Fatih,

I was able to convert the FTW 802.11 TX files to the newest GNU Radio
version and get it working to some extent.  I've attached the files that
I made changes to.  As a heads up, I am very new to GNURadio and the
code modifications are definitely hacked together (for example, the IP
address of the device is hard coded in one place) but I was able to send
packets with it and pick up a few in Windows Network Monitor and
Wireshark.

I successfully ran it with 'sudo ftw_ofdm_tx.py --interface=eth0
--freq=5.18e9 --interp=5 --payload="111111111" --regime=2 --repetition=4
--gain=35' and 'sudo ftw_ofdm_tx.py --interface=eth0 --freq=2.452e9
--interp=5 --payload="1111111111" --regime=6 --repetition=0 --gain=35'
with a USRP N210 + XCVR2450 with address 192.168.10.2 connected to eth0.

Hope that helps.  :)
356dfd3417bb998d945135e48409185a?d=identicon&s=25 Nasi Elda (nesazeri)
on 2013-11-15 13:38
Andrew W. wrote in post #1057635:
> Fatih  wrote in post #1055597:
>> Hi, I'm trying to get FTW 802.11
>> codes(https://www.cgran.org/wiki/ftw80211ofdmtx) working on a USRP N200
>> device. After investigating the source files generally, i have revised
>> the parts that are related to sink indication (setup_usrp_sink part) and
>> could run the source files. I'm using kismet wireless to sniff wifi
>> signals. However, i couldn't get anything from my wifi adapter. I've
>> recognized that in newer releases of gnu-radio usrp2_sink has been
>> changed with uhd_usrp_sink and interpolation configuration has been
>> automated. I've tried setting the sampling frequency to 50 Msps and
>> setting interp variable accordingly however got no result. Some help
>> would be much appreciated. I wonder if there is anyone getting these
>> codes working with the newer gnu-radio releases (>3.2.2) or at least
>> some general information on what changes are required for revising
>> the sources files written for 3.2.2 release would be nice.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Hey Fatih,
>
> I was able to convert the FTW 802.11 TX files to the newest GNU Radio
> version and get it working to some extent.  I've attached the files that
> I made changes to.  As a heads up, I am very new to GNURadio and the
> code modifications are definitely hacked together (for example, the IP
> address of the device is hard coded in one place) but I was able to send
> packets with it and pick up a few in Windows Network Monitor and
> Wireshark.
>
> I successfully ran it with 'sudo ftw_ofdm_tx.py --interface=eth0
> --freq=5.18e9 --interp=5 --payload="111111111" --regime=2 --repetition=4
> --gain=35' and 'sudo ftw_ofdm_tx.py --interface=eth0 --freq=2.452e9
> --interp=5 --payload="1111111111" --regime=6 --repetition=0 --gain=35'
> with a USRP N210 + XCVR2450 with address 192.168.10.2 connected to eth0.
>
> Hope that helps.  :)

Hi all,

I am also working on that package. Thanks for the code!

However I could not manage to install that into a new ubuntu.
How did you install that into a new version linux and Gnuradio?

Thanks in advance!
-
NE
Existing account