Forum: Inkscape Default font selection

866398905c2147b493c9ad98510de2c2?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Burger (Guest)
Is it possible to force Inkscape to use a certain font as the default
in the Text tool?

My install seems to have defaulted recently to "IM Fell Flowers" which
is a handsome decorative set of woodcut flowers and other printer's
decorations, but not something useful on a day to day basis. Former it
used something basic and readable like Liberation Sans.

I've had a quick rummage through the various Preferences windows and
the documentation, and can't find anything relevant.

Inkscape 0.48.x on Ubuntu, if that matters.

Thanks,

Brian
www.warbard.ca
Aefd46e73e6b7449c5ce1ce0156797d2?d=identicon&s=25 ~suv (Guest)
On 09/04/2012 08:11, Brian Burger wrote:

> Inkscape 0.48.x on Ubuntu, if that matters.

Open 'Text > Text and Font…', select the font you want to use as new
default, and click on the 'Set as default' button in the lower left
corner of the dialog.

See also:
<http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Text-...

hth, ~suv
866398905c2147b493c9ad98510de2c2?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Burger (Guest)
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 3:11 AM, ~suv <suv-sf@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:
> Open 'Text > Text and Font', select the font you want to use as new
> default, and click on the 'Set as default' button in the lower left
> corner of the dialog.
>
> See also:

<http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Text-...

Cheers, that works. I've been using Inkscape for years and never
noticed that "Use As Default" button right there on the main font
dialogue...

Thanks again,

Brian
www.warbard.ca