Forum: Rails I18n web interface for Manage translations

Adce10d7f1dbabcdab8f525a59cec32f?d=identicon&s=25 Andrés Gutiérrez (andresgutgon)
Hi, this is a question that arises recurrently me
How do you handle translations of your applications?

I have seen that there are several companies that are dedicated to
provide a
paid service:
http://www.localeapp.com/
https://webtranslateit.com/

They look good. But I was wondering if there is something I can manage
myself without relying on outside companies.

Before I upgraded to rails 3.1 I used Tolk https://github.com/dhh/tolk
But
isn't compatible with rails 3

I have seen this fork https://github.com/miloops/tolk but isn't working

Do you know any tool similar to tolk o something better that i can
integrate with my App without relying in external services?

in advance thanks for your help and sorry for my english.
6e6ad40d40c15fecdd1060573156d65f?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Svalin (Guest)

It's not too hard to roll your own, if you want something basic:
http://railscasts.com/episodes/256-i18n-backends

But generally, my attitude is that a translation interface is not the
focus
of our business, so we happily use a commercial offering instead of
putting
in the hours to do it ourselves.

- Martin
Adce10d7f1dbabcdab8f525a59cec32f?d=identicon&s=25 Andrés Gutiérrez (andresgutgon)
Thanks Martin i've see this:
https://github.com/amberbit/translator
with Redis or MongoDB

2012/3/27 Martin Svalin <martin.svalin@gmail.com>
Ecb9372be4654856e33f556d27de7821?d=identicon&s=25 Dan Coutu (Guest)
  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    You might find that CopyCopter meets your needs. It has just been
    made Open Source.<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://robots.thoughtbot.com/post/19388751626/copy...
    Dan<br>
    On 3/27/12 7:14 AM, Andr&eacute;s guti&eacute;rrez wrote:
cite="mid:CAH9qFt+YrwTO7wdCy_D4oSiG-2+1MOWbuf84wO-M3SR4q8peiQ@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">Thanks Martin i've see this:<br>
      <a moz-do-not-send="true"
        href="https://github.com/amberbit/translator">https://gi...
      with Redis or MongoDB<br>
dir="ltr">&lt;<a
            moz-do-not-send="true"
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi,
            basic:</div>
              href="http://railscasts.com/episodes/256-i18n-backends"
              target="_blank">http://railscasts.com/episodes/256-i18n-backends</...
            interface is not the focus of our business, so we happily
            use a commercial offering instead of putting in the hours to
            do it ourselves.<span class="HOEnZb"><font
color="#888888"><br>
                - Martin<br>
Andr&eacute;s
                  guti&eacute;rrez <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
                      moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="mailto:andresgutgon@gmail.com"
                      target="_blank">andresgutgon@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
                  wrote:<br>
                .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                        How do you handle</span> <span>translations
of</span>
                        several companies</span> <span>that are
                          href="http://www.localeapp.com/"
                          href="https://webtranslateit.com/"
                          target="_blank">https://webtranslateit.com/</a><br>
                        ....<br>
                        relying on</span> <span>outside
companies.</span><br>
                          href="https://github.com/dhh/tolk"
                          target="_blank">https://github.com/dhh/tolk</a></span>
                      But isn't compatible with rails 3<br>
                          moz-do-not-send="true"
                          href="https://github.com/miloops/tolk"
                          target="_blank">https://github.com/miloops/tolk</a></span>
                      but isn't working <br>
                        something better that i can integrate with my
                        App without relying in external
services?</span><br>
                        and sorry for my english.<span><font
                            color="#888888"><br>
                    -- <br>
                      subscribed to the Google Groups "rails-i18n"
                      group.<br>
                      To post to this group, send email to <a
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        href="mailto:rails-i18n@googlegroups.com"
                        target="_blank">rails-i18n@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
                      To unsubscribe from this group, send email to <a
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        href="mailto:rails-i18n%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com"
                      For more options, visit this group at <a
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        href="http://groups.google.com/group/rails-i18n?hl=en"
                        target="_blank">http://groups.google.com/group/rails-i18n?hl=en</a...
              -- <br>
              the Google Groups "rails-i18n" group.<br>
              To post to this group, send email to <a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:rails-i18n@googlegroups.com"
                target="_blank">rails-i18n@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
              To unsubscribe from this group, send email to <a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:rails-i18n%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com"
              For more options, visit this group at <a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://groups.google.com/group/rails-i18n?hl=en"
                target="_blank">http://groups.google.com/group/rails-i18n?hl=en</a...
      -- <br>
      Groups "rails-i18n" group.<br>
      To post to this group, send email to <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:rails-i18n@googlegroups.com">rails-i18n@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:rails-i18n+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com">rails-i18n+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
      For more options, visit this group at
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://groups.google.com/group/rails-i18n?hl=en">h...

-- <br />
Groups "rails-i18n" group.<br />
To post to this group, send email to rails-i18n@googlegroups.com.<br />
rails-i18n+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.<br />

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rails-i18n?hl=en.<br />
873a228bf554fb3eac707ba0e5a75943?d=identicon&s=25 Yvan R. (yvan_r)
on 2013-01-09 03:17
I suggest phraseapp.com.  In-place editing..
4024bf54be7ca1eb0d436cdfe4d4f2d3?d=identicon&s=25 Alexander Dmitriev (alexdm)
on 2013-02-08 06:56
I developed the tool on a big store which shows lost translations in
bottom of page. We got used redis gem for manage translation on app.

--
Alex
http://devmen.com
B08130c062fb41479f7e1c3b33e75a7c?d=identicon&s=25 top 3. (top_3)
on 2013-08-09 06:21
منتديات توب عرب للمبدعين احساس منتديات عامة
افضل المنتديات العربية
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab10
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab14
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab41
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab47
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab54
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab49
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab49
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab48
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab48
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab50
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab51
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab52
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab53
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab53
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab55
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab56
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab57
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab57
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab58
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab59
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab60
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab61
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab62
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab62
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab64
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab65
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab66
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab67
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab67
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab68
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab69
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab69
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab70/
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab71
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab72
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab72
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab73
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab74
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab75
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab76
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab76
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab77
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab78
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab79
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab79
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab80
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab80
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab81
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab82
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab82
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab82
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab42
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab43
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab43
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab45
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab46
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab44
http://www.top3rab.mrsaal.com/forums/toparab44
A90eafae2938a3bfe42286065149bc57?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
The old dilemma third party service or doing your own thing. As devs we
tend to create our own solution, but I can tell you, focus on your core
business.
My guess is your core business has nothing to do translation,
localization,
... so I would recommend using a SAAS based solution.
Services bring you a lot of features and stability you otherwise have to
do
on your own: Syntax Checking, Keeping track of the translation texts
(status, review process, ...), char count (for external translators),
context (WYSIWYT) and so on.
As the founder of lingohub.com I am clearly biased, but we ourselves use
many other services as well because making software translation as easy
as
possible is our core business. Not issue tracking (JIRA), repo hosting
(Github), Continues Integration (Codeship), ...

And the good thing, there is no vendor lock-in, you always have your
resource file. If you are not happy with a service, you can leave at any
time.

If you have questions about lingohub, just contact helmut - at -
lingohub .
com
32bf7f25f16ad6469ffd361709baf241?d=identicon&s=25 Nathan Hilogogifts (hilogogifts)
on 2014-03-04 15:56
Martin Svalin wrote in post #1053524:
> Hi,
>
> It's not too hard to roll your own, if you want something basic:
> http://railscasts.com/episodes/256-i18n-backends
>
> But generally, my attitude is that a translation interface is not the
> focus
> of our business, so we happily use a commercial offering instead of
> putting
> in the hours to do it ourselves.
>
> - Martin

how it happened?
canton admore
32bf7f25f16ad6469ffd361709baf241?d=identicon&s=25 Nathan Hilogogifts (hilogogifts)
on 2014-03-06 06:29
goof luck , guys