Forum: Typo New user profile and permission option

025ba0017dbf8e6650006b7b3771935f?d=identicon&s=25 Filipe (Guest)

we are planning to add to Typo a new user profile role plus a permission
option.

Basically, the role is called "Moderator" and all the articles posted by
this kind of user needs to be approved by the admin before they get
published.

Would you accept to aggregate this on typo?

Regards,
Luis
8f6b8e99f52f0928287b01a006950f52?d=identicon&s=25 Matijs van Zuijlen (mvz)
Hi Filipe,

On 11/05/2010 08:07 PM, Filipe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are planning to add to Typo a new user profile role plus a permission
> option.
>
> Basically, the role is called "Moderator" and all the articles posted by
> this kind of user needs to be approved by the admin before they get
> published.
>
> Would you accept to aggregate this on typo?

That sounds like a good option to have.

I would not call it "Moderator" though, because that sounds like someone
who
does the approving, rather than someone who needs approval.

The kind of user you're proposing is basically a variation on
'Contributor'.
This means there are two options: Either you want all Contributors to
need
approval, which means you need to change the Contributor role, or you
want some
Contributors to need approval, which means you need an extra role.

I personally feel there should not be too many different kinds of users.
If
someone needs something fancy with all kinds of workflow processes,
maybe a blog
is not the right platform and they should be using a CMS.

To make a long story short: If you add this role to your copy of typo
and
publish it on github, we'll take a look at it and see if we want to
integrate it.

Kind regards,