Forum: Inkscape Blending one photo into another.

8b3c344f0adba6016612e05447039f44?d=identicon&s=25 john Culleton (Guest)
Before I spend a lot of time trying the impossible:

In Gimp it is possible to take two overlapping bitmap images
(like photos) and blend one into the other using a gradient on
the topmost bitmap? Inkscape has the ability to blend two vector
objects in this manner. But what about bitmaps?

If I vectorize the top image will that make it possible?
(Unfortunately vectorized photos often come up huge.)

John Culleton
79732b7d3021152a70d3b4b4d6ad032f?d=identicon&s=25 Johan Vromans (Guest)
john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com> writes:

> Before I spend a lot of time trying the impossible:
>
> In Gimp it is possible to take two overlapping bitmap images
> (like photos) and blend one into the other using a gradient on
> the topmost bitmap? Inkscape has the ability to blend two vector
> objects in this manner. But what about bitmaps?

Unless I misnderstand completely, this is easy.

Put image2 in a layer on top of image1.

Assign a layer mask to the top layer, and fill the mask with a gradient.

Is this what you're looking for?

-- Johan
Ce46b00567f432f27d990fcc183c806e?d=identicon&s=25 Tommy Hjalmarsson (Guest)
john Culleton skrev 2012-03-10 20:37:
> John Culleton

Object/Mask
Gradient (for example black 100%, white 100%) vector mask over the
bitmapp.
Existing account

No account? Register here.