Forum: Ruby Calling ASP C# web service from Ruby?

B3fd1934b4fdb235a45ba9b502c9fb44?d=identicon&s=25 mmm (Guest)
Hi, I'm new to Ruby and would appreciate some suggestions....I'm
attempting to call a soap web service written in C# and hosted w/ IIS
from Ruby.

Does anyone know of a simple code segment that actually does this?  The
AWS icd example that does this is giving lots of errors (c:/program
files/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/xsd/charset.rb:97:in `encoding_conv': Converter
not found: UTF8 -> SJIS (XSD::Charset::CharsetConversionError) which I
do not understand and can't figure out how to resolve...

The code i've tried so far looks like this:
---
class GPSLog < ActionWebService::API::Base
      inflect_names false
      api_method :RetrLastPosition,
                 :expects => [:int],
                 :returns => [:int]
    end

    soap_client =
ActionWebService::Client::Soap.new(GPSLog,"http://localhost/WebService/GPSLog/GPSLog.asmx")
     ret = soap_client.RetrLastPosition(11);
---

The error I'm getting back from the ASP server is: The request element
&lt;RetrLastPosition xmlns='urn:ActionWebService'&gt; was not
recognized."

....w/ a sc-status error of 500 from IIS.

As I'm new to this it seems there are a zillion things I could be doing
wrong so a working example would be really great or if some can point
me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated, thanks, mmm
19f65b7dca6831edf989224b5ebd3fe0?d=identicon&s=25 tsumeruby (Guest)
On Saturday 03 December 2005 04:27 pm, mmm wrote:

>     soap_client =
> ActionWebService::Client::Soap.new(GPSLog,"http://localhost/WebService/GPSL
>og/GPSLog.asmx") ret = soap_client.RetrLastPosition(11);
> ---
>
> The error I'm getting back from the ASP server is: The request element
> &lt;RetrLastPosition xmlns='urn:ActionWebService'&gt; was not
> recognized."

Remember, theres a certain company who likes to break every standard in
the
book. Please try..

soap_client.default_encodingstyle =
SOAP::EncodingStyle::ASPDotNetHandler::Namespace

Tsume