Hi, I have developed a small wxruby app on my old mac using wxruby 2.0.1 on ruby 1.8.6. I am trying to upgrade now, and have encountered some problems. I use rvm to install ruby 1.9.2, then I run gem install wxruby-ruby19 and get the following error: ERROR: While executing gem ... (Zlib::DataError) invalid literal/lengths set I use rvm to install ruby 1.9.1, then I run gem install wxruby-ruby19 and get the following error: ERROR: Error installing wxruby-ruby19: invalid gem format for /Users/josh/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.1-p431/cache/wxruby-ruby19-2.0.1-x86-darwin-9.gem Finally, I install the stable version of ruby for windows on a windows box and run gem install wxruby-ruby19 and get the same invalid gem format for the x86-ming32 gem. Any help would be much appreciated! Regards, Josh
on 2012-02-21 02:44
on 2012-02-21 10:03
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Am 21.02.2012 02:34, schrieb Joshua Shapiro: > literal/lengths set > > Any help would be much appreciated! I cannot confirm this. On my machine (64-bit Linux system), the wxruby-ruby19 gem installs just fine (just tried it). Maybe something is wrong with your internet connection? Here are some SHA256 checksums of the gems (Files downloaded from RubyGems.org): 4b1447ebba15377e1390c6ad7abfccd65be3fe08308133d0cef0ecf68b1cbd13 wxruby-ruby19-2.0.0-x86_64-linux.gem dd084db55e708eae9f7c0e48d79b4d4d9cc4a07692d52f934394e70cb3e5095e wxruby-ruby19-2.0.1-x86-darwin-9.gem aae48a712724dc30063cf382176c2146efe9806b19314ec055fb1c4dd76e763f wxruby-ruby19-2.0.1-x86-linux.gem 5aa7bf3ca177e47c5ca6b5b659f34284438eab4c4e638bb31189d939967626af wxruby-ruby19-2.0.1-x86-mingw32.gem But note the only one I could test was the wxruby-ruby19-2.0.0-x86_64-linux.gem file as that’s my system’s architecture. However, last time I had a Windows on my fingers the Windows gem worked (~3 Months ago), and since then no new wxRuby release happened. Just to be sure: You don’t try to download gems from rubyforge.org, do you? Although the site should forward to rubygems.org, it’s offline at the moment, what maybe causes problems. What does $ gem sources say? > Regards, Josh Vale, Marvin -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux) Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/ iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJPQ1voAAoJELh1XLHFkqhaKXgH/1Q7buysJ973gwbq6NN190Ds e3zwr810X4Vky1Ar5bk4zAtN5jmL4Xg7PzUJGv2Qelg8fa0MYaujOLboqhCFgTc2 VVX9j8DoKfo9GqWf/PGBsIKHdbGSfHqxcDiX6S4+deCveGrD68nihTNBQZ3OG639 WjUTED6oalOd4bSFGAwsdwerUySt/ETQ7GFm3iNU17+PW7NWo6iN3tfIhF0TM9TM Vx7NbN+9avvNnk2hBmaDHkDTE1wZkEZdFPgblmmH2jnRY7Lpjlp8B4QyVLcZGkSK ivsLGpyvd14xaNTg4NqZTqvGtJjLCVeTbS6XI5XgDa0KzuKbqIiGEcKCC4R9xL4= =Dzld -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
on 2012-02-21 20:17
Thanks. I updated my rubygems and downloaded again for my Mac and it works, but I'm still having trouble on the windows machine at work. It must just be a glitch in the Matrix.
on 2012-05-02 21:48
Although not directly helpful, I just thought I would post that I got wxruby installed ok on Windows - so it does work (once you remember the 1.9 version is the one you need).