Forum: Inkscape newbie question.

6a9fcc1f362e539bb05f9a194eb30cdc?d=identicon&s=25 Nathan Rollins (Guest)
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:13:28 -0500
"Nathan Rollins" <nathan@bearsfeat.com> wrote:

> I can create a path that sorta looks like what I want, but I am not sure how
> to use layers and transparency, etc. to get what I need.

So you have an image, and you can make a path straight on 3 sides and
jagged on one.

I would place the path over the image, in the appropriate position.
Then

  - Clone the path
  - select both the clone and the image and do Object->Clip->Set
    to clip the image by the (clone of the) path

then you would have the path sitting on top of the image providing the
outline, and the image not extending outside the path, because it's
clipped by (a clone of) the path.

The advantage of using the clone is that editing the outline will
change the clipping of the image as well.

That's assuming you wanted the outline as shown in your image, if you
don't need an outline you can just place the path, select it and the
image, and do the Object->Clip->Set thing.

I assume you know how to export the image at the resolution you need.

Cheers -Terry
F8a9ec9afb65c6e675575f948229b667?d=identicon&s=25 Nathan Rollins (Guest)
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d
Existing account

No account? Register here.