Forum: Ruby on Rails Offline application with Ruby on Rails

Fb7947fdf96a2811ea79d7aef3cbf260?d=identicon&s=25 ryan (Guest)
I was wondering if anyone out there has had to develop an application
that is able to collect data offline and then sync back up to a hosted
database when an internet connection is available?  If you have what
resources out there did you use to create this configuration?

Thanks,

--Ryan
http://www.ryanripley.com
C29d9db03853958c4de5ee6b06edd39a?d=identicon&s=25 nicolas.buet (Guest)
+1: that would be great!
733b5983d61a6f9c0c7ba59834fdf90f?d=identicon&s=25 wooyay <wooyay@web.de> (Guest)
on 2005-12-07 14:07
ryan wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone out there has had to develop an application
> that is able to collect data offline and then sync back up to a hosted
> database when an internet connection is available?  If you have what
> resources out there did you use to create this configuration?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Ryan
> http://www.ryanripley.com

One of the next versions of mozilla is supposed to have offline data
sync capabilities
1975f7a0352e7517ad4c4f399089b5dc?d=identicon&s=25 mdragon (Guest)
You could prob. use SQLite and run the DB locally and then either
upload the file for processing or have your Rails app handle the sync
once you tell it that it has a connection, but there's certainly no
automated way to do it, you'd have to write all the logic yourself.

Matt