Forum: Ruby RubyGems Index Slow to Update

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
4299e35bacef054df40583da2d51edea?d=identicon&s=25 james (Guest)
on 2005-11-16 04:15
(Received via mailing list)
I uploaded a gem about five hours ago and I'm still not seeing it in
queries?  About how long should it take the server to pick it up?

James Edward Gray II
Bc6d88907ce09158581fbb9b469a35a3?d=identicon&s=25 james_b (Guest)
on 2005-11-16 05:30
(Received via mailing list)
James Edward Gray II wrote:
> I uploaded a gem about five hours ago and I'm still not seeing it in
> queries?  About how long should it take the server to pick it up?

I think the mirrors are updated every 30 minutes; though there may be a
"push on update" process in place.

Some new mirrors have have come online recently( and 30-Second Rule
should have its mirror set up in a day or so, I hope), so perhaps there
is an issue with the mirroring process, and you're fetching from an
out-of-date server.

Have you tried explicitly setting the gem server path to rubyforge.org?



James Britt



--

http://www.ruby-doc.org       - Ruby Help & Documentation
http://www.artima.com/rubycs/ - Ruby Code & Style: Writers wanted
http://www.rubystuff.com      - The Ruby Store for Ruby Stuff
http://www.jamesbritt.com     - Playing with Better Toys
http://www.30secondrule.com   - Building Better Tools
560c83ff6b6600e39315a1cf75b7c229?d=identicon&s=25 tom (Guest)
on 2005-11-16 15:32
(Received via mailing list)
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 13:30 +0900, James Britt wrote:
> James Edward Gray II wrote:
> > I uploaded a gem about five hours ago and I'm still not seeing it in
> > queries?  About how long should it take the server to pick it up?

Should be about an hour or so... unless you're hitting that Ruby 1.8.3 +
RubyGems problem...

> I think the mirrors are updated every 30 minutes; though there may be a
> "push on update" process in place.

Yup, we're hoping to get to that soon... just need to get everyone
pulling gems/files from Dennis' mirror server...

Yours,

Tom
560c83ff6b6600e39315a1cf75b7c229?d=identicon&s=25 tom (Guest)
on 2005-11-16 15:38
(Received via mailing list)
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 09:31 -0500, Tom Copeland wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 13:30 +0900, James Britt wrote:
> > James Edward Gray II wrote:
> > > I uploaded a gem about five hours ago and I'm still not seeing it in
> > > queries?  About how long should it take the server to pick it up?
>
> Should be about an hour or so... unless you're hitting that Ruby 1.8.3 +
> RubyGems problem...

Ah, yup, it's fastercsv, right?  It's this:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...

Yours,

Tom
Cb48ca5059faf7409a5ab3745a964696?d=identicon&s=25 ara.t.howard (Guest)
on 2005-11-16 15:47
(Received via mailing list)
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Tom Copeland wrote:

>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...

couldn't a coverter be made so you guys could trigger a

   ruby183 foo.gem | ruby182 > foo.gem

to convert?  only if this would be simple, but i bet someone on the list
would
write the converter for you.

-a
560c83ff6b6600e39315a1cf75b7c229?d=identicon&s=25 tom (Guest)
on 2005-11-16 15:53
(Received via mailing list)
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 23:44 +0900, Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> write the converter for you.
That would certainly work for me...

Tom
4299e35bacef054df40583da2d51edea?d=identicon&s=25 james (Guest)
on 2005-11-16 19:45
(Received via mailing list)
On Nov 16, 2005, at 8:37 AM, Tom Copeland wrote:

> Ah, yup, it's fastercsv, right?  It's this:
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...

Thank you.  I was not aware of this issue.

For those following along, this does NOT appear to be fixed in Ruby
1.8.4 Preview 1.

James Edward Gray II
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.