Subject: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Headless running Segfault
Date: lun 19 dic 11 04:19:54 +0100

Quoting Chlo D. ([email protected]):

That code, running on my headless (no X) server, is crashing
pathetically:

It is because gtk2.rb includes a call to Gtk.init.

But if you comment out that call, your script crashes when you create
the pixmap:

Gdk-CRITICAL **:IA__gdk_screen_get_root_window: assertion GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed Gdk-CRITICAL **:IA__gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertionGDK_IS_DRAWABLE
(drawable)ā€™ failed

Apparently, the creation of a pixmap requires you to have a root
window.

Carlo

ā€“

  •     Se la Strada e la sua Virtu' non fossero state messe da

parte,

  • K * Carlo E. Prelz - [email protected] che bisogno ci
    sarebbe
    •           di parlare tanto di amore e di rettitudine?

(Chuang-Tzu)

Can you just point yourself at another X server somewhere? A
desktop/workstation?