Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: moving from linux to windows woes

60e38de043848f82392062088f191213?d=identicon&s=25 HOGANBP (Guest)
My guess is that the shebang line in your dispatch.rb / dispatch.cgi /
dispatch.fcgi are all still pointing to your linux ruby location
/usr/bin/ruby or something like that.

Change them to c:/ruby/bin/ruby.exe and see if it works.

(This really ticks me off that we have to do this and I wish the rails
folks would come up with a workaround.)

-bph
821395fe70906c8290df7f18ac4ac6cf?d=identicon&s=25 technoweenie (Guest)
On 11/15/05, Hogan, Brian P. <HOGANBP@uwec.edu> wrote:
> My guess is that the shebang line in your dispatch.rb / dispatch.cgi /
> dispatch.fcgi are all still pointing to your linux ruby location
> /usr/bin/ruby or something like that.
>
> Change them to c:/ruby/bin/ruby.exe and see if it works.
>
> (This really ticks me off that we have to do this and I wish the rails
> folks would come up with a workaround.)
>
> -bph

here's a workaround:

ruby script/server

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net
Rick Olson wrote:

>>folks would come up with a workaround.)
>>
>>-bph
>>

>here's a workaround:
>
>ruby script/server

A workaround for...? This is the standard command for starting Webrick
with your webapp. ruby script/server and ruby script\server both give me
the same result.

I have overwritten the dispatch files so they include the proper shebang
line..

Jeroen
821395fe70906c8290df7f18ac4ac6cf?d=identicon&s=25 technoweenie (Guest)
> A workaround for...? This is the standard command for starting Webrick
> with your webapp. ruby script/server and ruby script\server both give me
> the same result.
>
> I have overwritten the dispatch files so they include the proper shebang
> line..

I was actually referring to the email I quoted that mentioned the
shebang lines...

Seems like you're experiencing a hard crash somewhere if it's just
dumping you back to the console with no output.  Does a standard rails
app start correctly?  Does script/console work?  Have you checked your
error logs?

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net