Forum: Inkscape Reset all Inkscape settings ?

Cf30c1e0f3df476d01c2f68855ed9027?d=identicon&s=25 Alejandro Rivadeneira (Guest)
Greetings toall.

Whatis the wayto reset all Inkscapesettings,withoutreinstalling it?

Thank you for yourresponse.

Alejandro
Aefd46e73e6b7449c5ce1ce0156797d2?d=identicon&s=25 ~suv (Guest)
On 12/11/11 15:37, Alejandro Rivadeneira wrote:

> What is the way to reset all Inkscape settings, without reinstalling it?

You quit Inkscape and delete or rename the preferences file
'preferences.xml' (its location depends on your OS...). Inkscape will
recreate the preferences file with default settings the next time it is
launched.

~suv
Cf30c1e0f3df476d01c2f68855ed9027?d=identicon&s=25 Alejandro Rivadeneira (Guest)
Suv, thank you very much for your quick response.

Such as you indicated to me, I restarted the configuration of Inkscape,
deleting the file "preferences.xml".
This file (according to
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Custo... ) is
located
in the following directory:
On Linux:  ~/.config/inkscape/

On Windows: %userprofile%\Application Data\Inkscape\

I am a happy user of Linux Mint 11.

Suv, thanks again.

Alejandro
Santiago, Chile