Forum: Mongrel Problem related to Caching in mongrel

C3e54be79a75c33632bf57519cdc3063?d=identicon&s=25 Saratchand Kanuri (schand)
on 2010-10-22 14:17
My production server has 6 mongrels running. I hosted a CMS (content
management system) on the server. As a admin of the website, I delete
few tabs in the site. But the Public version(for the non-loggedin)
version of the site still shows the deleted tabs at random(some times
they show up and sometimes don't). I suppose that the cache at some of
the mongrels is not updated properly and that is why I can see the
deleted tabs. Is my supposition correct. Or am I missing something? Can
someone help me out. I am blocked on this right now.

Thanks in Advance,
-Saratchand
7e85c8b066ffb802cba005e90c6c616e?d=identicon&s=25 Piyush Ranjan (Guest)
this is not a mongrel question. ask it on the mailing list of your cms.
E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Saratchand Kanuri
<lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> My production server has 6 mongrels running. I hosted a CMS (content
> management system) on the server. As a admin of the website, I delete
> few tabs in the site. But the Public version(for the non-loggedin)
> version of the site still shows the deleted tabs at random(some times
> they show up and sometimes don't). I suppose that the cache at some of
> the mongrels is not updated properly and that is why I can see the
> deleted tabs. Is my supposition correct. Or am I missing something? Can
> someone help me out. I am blocked on this right now.

Some questions:

- What software is your CMS? Radiant? other?
- What caching strategy is setup in your Rails/CMS application? The
one by default?

Asking this because Rails MemoryStore, the default caching strategy
only works for a single process. Multiple process requires a shared
memory caching strategy, like memcache

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17