Forum: Ruby on Rails list of rails deprecations?

61afc4529ab30230c3aaa52f04e416b8?d=identicon&s=25 finn (Guest)
Is there a comprehensive list of deprecated methods and arguments for
rails? I know there have been some shifts over the past year (the render
methods, find methods, etc.) but thought I might have missed some. I
looked in the usual places (wiki, docs) but didn't see much.

Maybe there's some way I can generate this information from the
documentation or the changelogs?

-F
Cee0292fffa691f1fb320d5400200e99?d=identicon&s=25 marcel (Guest)
On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 02:59:59PM -0500, Finn Smith wrote:
> Is there a comprehensive list of deprecated methods and arguments for
> rails? I know there have been some shifts over the past year (the render
> methods, find methods, etc.) but thought I might have missed some. I
> looked in the usual places (wiki, docs) but didn't see much.
>
> Maybe there's some way I can generate this information from the
> documentation or the changelogs?

Here's a start:
% ls
actionmailer/     actionpack/       actionwebservice/ activerecord/
activesupport/    railties/
% grep -r deprecated *|grep -v svn|grep -v CHANGELOG
(85 lines snipped)

marcel
Marcel Molina Jr. wrote:
> (85 lines snipped)
Thanks, this pointed me in the right direction. Here's what I found most
useful.

All mentions of deprecation in the various CHANGELOG files:

% grep -ir deprecat .|grep -v svn|grep CHANGELOG
(18 lines)

All mentions of deprecation in the source code:

% grep -ir deprecat .|grep -v svn|grep -v CHANGELOG
(125 lines)

I added the -i flag for case insensitivity, and shortened the string to
search for to "deprecat" to find related words. I ran these on the
latest revision pulled down from the svn repository at
dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails/trunk.

-F