Forum: NGINX client closed prematurely connection while reading client request line

C722ab55572b1eb4d08264569a07799d?d=identicon&s=25 Ilan Berkner (Guest)
Very basic configuration, strictly for serving static files.

I've got the error_log setting configured to "info" to get more
information
as to what's happening with connections, etc.

While monitoring the error log and loading a single static html file
through
my web browser, I noticed this line in the error log show up:

2011/10/24 16:02:04 [info] 26517#0: *3132 client closed prematurely
connection while reading client request line, client: ###.###.###.###,
server: localhost

What's the reason for this error, does it matter and is there a way to
address it? is it indicative of a deeper network configuration issue
with
TCP settings?

Thanks
Hello!

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 05:06:03PM -0400, Ilan Berkner wrote:

> server: localhost
>
> What's the reason for this error, does it matter and is there a way to
> address it? is it indicative of a deeper network configuration issue with
> TCP settings?

Some modern browsers tend to open 2 tcp connections to server from
start, and if you are loading a single static file - one of them
remains unused.  The browser eventually closes it without sending
any request, and this causes the above message in logs.

Maxim Dounin
Existing account

No account? Register here.