Forum: Ruby on Rails Speaking of Canada - Toronto on Rails ?

14e7346c7db5626171fe7cd40423a289?d=identicon&s=25 rowan (Guest)
Iâ??m moving from New Zealand to Toronto in a couple of weeks. Iâ??m quite
keen
on making some new friends up there and meeting fellow Rails junkies
(rushing headlong into a rails at the moment). So if youâ??re in Toronto
and
want to hear one very weird accent then drop me an email.

Kind Regards

Rowan

----

rowanhick.com
31ab75f7ddda241830659630746cdd3a?d=identicon&s=25 halostatue (Guest)
On 11/15/05, Rowan Hick <rowan@sitefactory.co.nz> wrote:
> I'm moving from New Zealand to Toronto in a couple of weeks. I'm quite keen
> on making some new friends up there and meeting fellow Rails junkies
> (rushing headlong into a rails at the moment). So if you're in Toronto and
> want to hear one very weird accent then drop me an email.

The Toronto Ruby User's Group meets the first Sunday of every month at
LinuxCaffe at Grace and Harbord (one block south of Christie subway
station at Bloor and Christie) at 1pm. Our next meeting is Sunday the
4th. I'd say about half of the group uses Rails, the other half is
heavily interested in Systir and Watir and there's a couple of
hard-core Ruby types (like myself) who regularly attend.

We are lobbying to have RubyConf in Toronto in either 2006 or 2007 and
2007 is looking more likely because of the timezone progression that
has been used in the past.

I don't know of a Rails-only group in Toronto at this point.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Looks like I'll see you at the Jan or Feb meeting. I'll be on a plane
heading to Canada on the 4th!

Many thanks for the reply.