Forum: Ruby on Rails Will RJS be in Rails 1.0?

22580f640e491f0920a192610d1df393?d=identicon&s=25 atomgiant (Guest)
I have been checking out the new RJS templates in Rails and I am very
impressed.

For a good intro to RJS see here:
http://www.codyfauser.com/articles/2005/11/20/rail...

Will the RJS templates be part of the 1.0 release?

On this note, if someone would like to explain the way the SVN
branches are managed in the Rails repository, I would appreciate it.
For instance, will evey change in the trunk make it into the next
release?  And also, when does the "stable" branch get updated?  Feel
free to just post a link if there is one to this information.

Thanks,
Tom
Cee0292fffa691f1fb320d5400200e99?d=identicon&s=25 marcel (Guest)
On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 01:07:09PM -0500, Tom Davies wrote:
> I have been checking out the new RJS templates in Rails and I am very
> impressed.
>
> For a good intro to RJS see here:
> http://www.codyfauser.com/articles/2005/11/20/rail...
>
> Will the RJS templates be part of the 1.0 release?

It will not be. We've talked about making it available as a plugin
though for
those who want it but must stay back on 1.0.

> On this note, if someone would like to explain the way the SVN
> branches are managed in the Rails repository, I would appreciate it.
> For instance, will evey change in the trunk make it into the next
> release?  And also, when does the "stable" branch get updated?  Feel
> free to just post a link if there is one to this information.

Bug fixes applied to trunk are being applied back to the stable branch
but
not everything applied to trunk is applied to stable.

marcel
22580f640e491f0920a192610d1df393?d=identicon&s=25 atomgiant (Guest)
Thanks Marcel.