Forum: Radiant CMS Hide some page types from page edit form

58ce6437f17a1ca96049500cf66ece6f?d=identicon&s=25 swartz (Guest)
Anyone know what is the easiest way to hide certain Page Types when in
page edit form?

I'm primary interested in hiding the ones my client has no use for
(all Archive capability) and also to hide one other type that I
created and is merely a parent page class with 3 other page types
inheriting from it.
09477c358c5897d44121a248326e16d7?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Gay (Guest)
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:48 PM, swartz <netvent@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know what is the easiest way to hide certain Page Types when in
> page edit form?
>
> I'm primary interested in hiding the ones my client has no use for
> (all Archive capability) and also to hide one other type that I
> created and is merely a parent page class with 3 other page types
> inheriting from it.

The way we create pages is changing in the next release. What version
of Radiant are you using?

You can override the regions of the UI with partials
See this line
http://github.com/radiant/radiant/blob/master/app/...

You could create an extension with a partial in
app/views/admin/pages/_edit_type.html.haml (or erb)
Radiant should load that partial instead of the hard-coded region (I
think)
58ce6437f17a1ca96049500cf66ece6f?d=identicon&s=25 swartz (Guest)
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your suggestions.
Forgot to mention using 0.9.1gem.

What are the changes that are going to happen in the next release?
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 7:20 PM, swartz <netvent@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Thank you for your suggestions.
> Forgot to mention using 0.9.1gem.
>
> What are the changes that are going to happen in the next release?

Adding of pages will work a bit like this
http://prototype.radiantcms.org/admin/pages
Look into the sheets extension for limiting the new page options
http://github.com/radiant/radiant-sheets-extension