Forum: Rails deployment how to deploy application on linux

Ab43cc2ae1a578906dd2807165a8eb7c?d=identicon&s=25 Sam Porwal (rubybig)
on 2011-10-12 13:43
Hi, I am new in ruby. I developed a small application in ruby on rails
on windows and used default server webrick. Now I want to deploy on my
linux machine.

How to configure all?
What should I do for that?
Which are the steps?

Please help me out.

Thanks!
Ccd9be37f5bd322e9d3968f767328928?d=identicon&s=25 Sebastjan H. (sebastjan_h)
on 2012-08-22 13:40
Sam Porwal wrote in post #1026258:
> Hi, I am new in ruby. I developed a small application in ruby on rails
> on windows and used default server webrick. Now I want to deploy on my
> linux machine.
>
> How to configure all?
> What should I do for that?
> Which are the steps?
>
> Please help me out.
>
> Thanks!

I would also need some insight on this. I've been reading about
Capistrano and Thin and so on. Could someone please share their
experiences and maybe just list all things required for linux deployment
they made.

kind regards,
seba