Forum: Ruby on Rails validation messages

043efdc2a79afbfec84696f50fd42163?d=identicon&s=25 onurturgay (Guest)
How can I prevent model attributes names from appearing on error
messages,
even if they are appended to an attribute (not base). OR can I change
the
place the attribute name appears in my messages? I dont want to reveal
my
table field name in (as they are in english but my application is in
turkish) the web pages.

Thanks in advance,
Onur
3dd4b52a0946bd698b1d1635a46ea3a3?d=identicon&s=25 francois.beausoleil (Guest)
Hi !

2005/11/29, Onur Turgay <onurturgay@gmail.com>:
> How can I prevent model attributes names from appearing on error messages,
> even if they are appended to an attribute (not base). OR can I change the
> place the attribute name appears in my messages? I dont want to reveal my
> table field name in (as they are in english but my application is in
> turkish) the web pages.

Search backwards a few days - there was an announcement for replacing
validation error messages as shipped in Rails.

In fact, I just went ahead and search:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails/31600

The plugin is called Custom Validation Messages plugin.

Hope that helps !