Forum: Ruby on Rails What ? No grid support...

F7975423060c2c9e4395dca3ae870771?d=identicon&s=25 fernand (Guest)

    I am very surprised that rails does not seem to support a grid like
view for
table like data. I could not find anything out there that resembled a
grid ??

    I am trying to create some tables views that support for sorting and
paging. I
did see the sort helper but it seems pretty flat and does not seems to
handle
relationship all that great. For example how would on go about sorting
on a 1-1
relationship ?

Say I have Table A and Table B where A defines b_id as a foreign key. I
would
want my sort column to sort according the B.name for instance.

Anyone ran into this before ?

Thanks
E51c6ae07e72cf04ef869868cb8eca6e?d=identicon&s=25 Jake Janovetz (Guest)
on 2005-11-14 17:26
fernand wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am very surprised that rails does not seem to support a grid like
> view for
> table like data. I could not find anything out there that resembled a
> grid ??

Are you talking about layout?  As in, the HTML to draw a grid?  I don't
think that's the point of Rails -- it doesn't provide much help in the
layout arena -- just in getting the data to you.

> Say I have Table A and Table B where A defines b_id as a foreign key. I
> would
> want my sort column to sort according the B.name for instance.
>
> Anyone ran into this before ?
>
> Thanks

SortHelper allows this.