Forum: Ruby on Rails random trivial ideas for improving Rails

A44d5abad6e86cff4e34d9f0839535c9?d=identicon&s=25 rick (Guest)
Just a couple of thoughts:

  - Any reason why, when someone says they want to turn off the
    pluralizer, Rails doesn't just

    def pluralize(foo)
      foo
    end

    Seems like this would reduce complexity in a number of places (this
    came up here at the office when we submitted a pluralization-related
    patch to the fixtures subsystem).

  - Any reason why ActiveRecord::Errors, which has an each() method,
    shouldn't "include Enumerable"?

Best,
Rick
24d2f8804e6bb4b7ea6bd11e0a586470?d=identicon&s=25 jeremy (Guest)
1eb9255bd28f3c8f97547872901f1d2e?d=identicon&s=25 alastair (Guest)
Hello all,

I'm having a hell of a time getting Rails running under Apache for
Windows. I've created a rails app- myapp - and run it under webrick and
it works fine. I've followed the instructions on

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Fast+CGI+a...

and I simply can't get it working at all. Does anyone have any pointers
to alternative setup instructions or have any suggestions? Basically it
works to the point of:

"Now open a browser and type in ?\YourRailsAppName?

you should load the default Welcome to Rails page with blazing \FastCGI
speeds."

but if i was to do \MyApp\friends\view - for example, it can't find the
file which leads me to believe that the rails side of things is not
working and it was simply loading the default welcome page as an
ordinary html page.

I'm going absolutely nuts over this.. any help would really really be
appreciated!

Thanks,

Alastair
3dd4b52a0946bd698b1d1635a46ea3a3?d=identicon&s=25 francois.beausoleil (Guest)
Hi !

2005/11/11, Alastair Moore <alastair@transmogrify.co.uk>:
> I'm going absolutely nuts over this.. any help would really really be
> appreciated!

You might also try SCGI: http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/scgi_rails

Fast and Ruby-based, with a module for Apache 1.3 or 2.0.  That's what
I'm using for developing all my new apps.  They're deployed on
Linux/FCGI, but my dev environment is fine with that.

Bye !
--
François Beausoleil
http://blog.teksol.info/