Forum: Ruby newsgroup software

64bc95dd4f1257d4a061a35a38e6e26d?d=identicon&s=25 ngoc (Guest)
Hi
I currently use Mozilla newsgroup software. I want to be more active in
some newsgroups, among them Ruby. So a good newsgroup software is
neccessary. I do not satisfy with Mozilla. Because after I click on
messages sort by date (to know what is latest post), I can not turn back
to original. It has also some other irritating factors. Are there other
software packages, you will suggest to me?
Thanks
Fb9bac7ed883d3bee02c1afbc0a9f3d6?d=identicon&s=25 slunky (Guest)
I really love slrn. You can find it at slrn.sourceforge.net It is by far
the best newsagent I've tried.
149379873fe2cb70e550c6bff8fedd0c?d=identicon&s=25 jeff (Guest)
ngoc wrote:
> Hi
> I currently use Mozilla newsgroup software. I want to be more active in
> some newsgroups, among them Ruby. So a good newsgroup software is
> neccessary. I do not satisfy with Mozilla. Because after I click on
> messages sort by date (to know what is latest post), I can not turn back
> to original. It has also some other irritating factors. Are there other
> software packages, you will suggest to me?
> Thanks

Which "Mozilla newsgroup software" are you using?  Thunderbird has been
relatively good to me.
F32fedff0af934bc550274026f1f4d56?d=identicon&s=25 usenet (Guest)

> Because after I click on messages sort by date (to know what is latest
> post), I can not turn back to original.

That's not true. You can switch back to threaded view by

a) Selecting View -> Sort by -> Threaded from the menu or
b) in the list of threads, click on the leftmost column (the one
containing
   the symbols)

Independent from that, I hear pan is a good client.
Fa4c23dfa1fe9e5671bd89c8539f1522?d=identicon&s=25 mike (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 04:32:29AM +0900, ngoc wrote:
> I currently use Mozilla newsgroup software. I want to be more
> active in some newsgroups, among them Ruby. So a good newsgroup
> software is neccessary. I do not satisfy with Mozilla. Because
> after I click on messages sort by date (to know what is latest
> post), I can not turn back to original. It has also some other
> irritating factors. Are there other software packages, you will
> suggest to me?

tin, slrn (command-line, tend to require a weekend for more or
less proper configuration but also tend to just work then);
pan (gnome newsreader), knode (kde newsreader).