Forum: Ruby Re: How to read/write an int in binary form to a file?

280b41a88665fd8c699e83a9a25ef949?d=identicon&s=25 steve (Guest)
Hello speechexpert,

Your message entitled "How to read/write an int in binary form to a
file?" was sent in reply to a message with a different subject.  You
probably intended to start a new thread; however, your mailer, like
most MUAs, tricked you by including a References: header field which
points back to the original message.

Therefore, your new message is still threaded under the original
subject, instead of your new subject.  Unfortunately, this can cause
your message to get lost in a completely unrelated thread!

In the future, if you'd like to start a new thread, please compose a
NEW message to ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org>

Thank you for your time and consideration..

Sincerely,
Steve
31ab75f7ddda241830659630746cdd3a?d=identicon&s=25 halostatue (Guest)
On 11/27/05, Stephen Waits <steve@waits.net> wrote:
> your message to get lost in a completely unrelated thread!
>
> In the future, if you'd like to start a new thread, please compose a
> NEW message to ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org>

Can we *please* have these messages STOPPED?

Frankly, if your mailer isn't smart enough to recognise that a change
of subject often represents a change of thread *even if the references
are maintained*, then your mailer needs to be fixed, too.

There's a delicate balance between the two, and just because your
mailer is as broken as speechexpert's is no excuse for you to post
nonsensical asinine messages like this.

-austin