Forum: IronRuby Insight on the future of IronRuby ?

91eb330fb36d1e03c856574dfb77d2bc?d=identicon&s=25 Thibaut Barrère (thbar)
Hi guys (and girls, if any),

I'd really, really like to have any hint of where IronRuby and the DLR
are
going, roughly.

We're considering using IR as a scripting engine for a fairly important
desktop app, so I thought I would ask, now that the dust has settled.

Any idea ?

thanks!

-- Thibaut
C94afbb820c49a847b3b1f5244178f82?d=identicon&s=25 Eduardo Blumenfeld (eblumenfeld)
on 2010-10-01 23:31
Is there any "official" work from Microsoft about these issues?

Thibaut Barrère wrote:
> Hi guys (and girls, if any),
>
> I'd really, really like to have any hint of where IronRuby and the DLR
> are
> going, roughly.
>
> We're considering using IR as a scripting engine for a fairly important
> desktop app, so I thought I would ask, now that the dust has settled.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> thanks!
>
> -- Thibaut
Cb51033949ffccd982ae32c9f890f25a?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Matousek (Guest)
The official Microsoft position remains the same:

"At this time, we have no announcements to make beyond what we announced
in July 2010 — that we were putting these [IronRuby and IronPython]
under the Apache License v2.0. Clearly, there is customer and community
interest in these languages. With many organizations running mixed IT
environments, we continue to value community feedback on how we can
support their interoperability needs, and we remain committed to
supporting multiple tools and languages that provide developers with the
most choice and flexibility."

Tomas