Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 conversion of wmv to mp4 file

F0c43075e38b05736ad06f12d47aec30?d=identicon&s=25 Sakthi p. (sakthi_p)
on 2011-07-20 05:12
Hi all,

can someone help me in conversion of wmv file to a raw video file and
then to a mp4 file? (without using decode bin)
Kouhei Sutou (Guest)

In <d9e773a42d45b90844fd8c9b58cd1a87@ruby-forum.com>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] conversion of wmv to mp4 file" on Wed, 20 Jul
2011 05:12:43 +0200,
  "Sakthi p." <ruby-forum-incoming@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> can someone help me in conversion of wmv file to a raw video file and
> then to a mp4 file? (without using decode bin)

WMV -> raw
  % gst-launch-0.10 \
      filesrc location=a.wmv \! \
      ffdemux_asf \! \
      ffdec_wmv2 \! \
      'video/x-raw-yuv' \! \  # <- Maybe, you should set correct CAPS
here.
      filesink location=a.raw

raw -> MP4
  % gst-launch-0.10 \
      filesrc location=a.raw \! \
      'video/x-raw-yuv' \! \  # <- Maybe, you should set correct CAPS
here.
      ffenc_mpeg4 \! \
      mp4mux \! \
      filesink location=a.mp4

WMV -> MP4 (easy)
  % gst-launch-0.10 \
      filesrc location=a.wmv \! \
      ffdemux_asf name=demux \
      demux. \! queue \! ffdec_wmv2 \! ffenc_mpeg4 name=video_enc \
      demux. \! queue \! ffdec_wmav2 \! faac name=audio_enc \
      mp4mux name=mux \
      video_enc. \! queue \! mux. \
      audio_enc. \! queue \! mux. \
      mux. \! filesink location=a.mp4

kou
D726b96a204e6c2add51c3ee37c5f0fc?d=identicon&s=25 John S. (john_s79)
on 2012-12-24 10:43
298e771a835166a2a1d8d3544228301e?d=identicon&s=25 Simon J. (jacobscomeon)
on 2014-03-24 15:01
Try Faasoft Video Converter at:
http://faasoft.com/articles/play-wmv-on-mac.html
C7232f6386e0fb2a0ca0a6db8a9761f3?d=identicon&s=25 Blanny K. (blannykim)
on 2014-07-18 11:30
I did not try it, but you can try with Firecoresoft Video Converter, it
can set the output format as raw video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRShWexkwWc
Fb63c90ac819623eeada9bec04f3e4bc?d=identicon&s=25 Frances K. (frakencle)
on 2014-12-03 07:11
I just found out a step by step guide on how to convert WMV to MP4 at:
http://www.faasoft.com/articles/wmv-to-mp4-mac-and...

It also helps convert WMV to MOV, AVI, SWF, FLV, WebM, OGV, ASF, etc.

Hope it will help you more or less.
E2ec183cca42eddec49e06e96505a178?d=identicon&s=25 Alfred B. (alfredbobes)
on 2015-01-21 09:23
I recommend iDelashare VideoGo which is especially designed to batch
convert WMV to MP4 with fast  speed and high quality on Mac OS X or
Windows.

Step by step guide at
http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/wmv-to-m...

More features about this professional WMV to MP4 converter:

    Besides converting WMV to MP4,  as a professional video or audio
converter, it also achieves conversion among most video and audio format
like WMV, MOV, AVI, MPG, RMVB, Apple ProRes, DV, 3GP, MPEG-1, MPEG-2,
MKV, WTV, FLV, OGV, F4F, F4V, TS, MXF, AVCHD, DVR, DAV, ASF, SWF, MP3,
FLAC, OGG, WAV, WMA, DTS, and etc.
    Aside from WMV to MP4 Converter, it also act as a video and audio
editor, adjusts video and audio like trim, crop, split, merge, rotate,
compress, effect, watermark, etc.
5d4fd4f29b85f345381e2e7381e01b7f?d=identicon&s=25 Becky P. (beckypayne)
on 2015-03-24 04:07
To convert WMV to MP4, you can turn to Video Converter. Download the
software on you computer and finish installation. Then, import WMV
videos into the program and choose MP4 as output format. Finally, hit
the "Convert" button. The whole conversion will last for three minutes
or so, but it also depends on the quantity and quality of the imported
videos.
5d4fd4f29b85f345381e2e7381e01b7f?d=identicon&s=25 Becky P. (beckypayne)
on 2015-03-26 07:36
Becky Payne wrote in post #1170786:
> To convert WMV to MP4, you can turn to Video Converter. Download the
> software on you computer and finish installation. Then, import WMV
> videos into the program and choose MP4 as output format. Finally, hit
> the "Convert" button. The whole conversion will last for three minutes
> or so, but it also depends on the quantity and quality of the imported
> videos.
www.converter-video.com/wmv-converter/wmv-to-mp4.html
341b806bbcae48555b779e1bd7222e87?d=identicon&s=25 Work B. (workbetterv)
on 2015-12-17 06:54
Alfred Bobes wrote in post #1166970:
> I recommend iDelashare VideoGo which is especially designed to batch
> convert WMV to MP4 with fast  speed and high quality on Mac OS X or
> Windows.
>
> Step by step guide at
> http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/wmv-to-m...
>
> More features about this professional WMV to MP4 converter:
>
>     Besides converting WMV to MP4,  as a professional video or audio
> converter, it also achieves conversion among most video and audio format
> like WMV, MOV, AVI, MPG, RMVB, Apple ProRes, DV, 3GP, MPEG-1, MPEG-2,
> MKV, WTV, FLV, OGV, F4F, F4V, TS, MXF, AVCHD, DVR, DAV, ASF, SWF, MP3,
> FLAC, OGG, WAV, WMA, DTS, and etc.
>     Aside from WMV to MP4 Converter, it also act as a video and audio
> editor, adjusts video and audio like trim, crop, split, merge, rotate,
> compress, effect, watermark, etc.

I love this recommend, and it helps to easily can batch convert WMV to
MP4, MOV, ProRes etc
7e17d370dc95b48cd82944a62f1caf76?d=identicon&s=25 Robert H. (shevegen)
on 2016-02-14 21:43
It seems as if some scripts trigger the above spam, where fake users
post to recommend specific software. :P