Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 conversion of wmv to mp4 file

01248bdd2253744b4e974c5a53a22805?d=identicon&s=25 Sakthi p. (sakthi_p)
on 2011-07-20 05:12
Hi all,

can someone help me in conversion of wmv file to a raw video file and
then to a mp4 file? (without using decode bin)
Ee6ffca720cc428d70247dcd7377dd48?d=identicon&s=25 Kouhei Sutou (Guest)
on 2011-07-23 18:50
(Received via mailing list)
Hi,

In <d9e773a42d45b90844fd8c9b58cd1a87@ruby-forum.com>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] conversion of wmv to mp4 file" on Wed, 20 Jul
2011 05:12:43 +0200,
  "Sakthi p." <ruby-forum-incoming@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> can someone help me in conversion of wmv file to a raw video file and
> then to a mp4 file? (without using decode bin)

WMV -> raw
  % gst-launch-0.10 \
      filesrc location=a.wmv \! \
      ffdemux_asf \! \
      ffdec_wmv2 \! \
      'video/x-raw-yuv' \! \  # <- Maybe, you should set correct CAPS
here.
      filesink location=a.raw

raw -> MP4
  % gst-launch-0.10 \
      filesrc location=a.raw \! \
      'video/x-raw-yuv' \! \  # <- Maybe, you should set correct CAPS
here.
      ffenc_mpeg4 \! \
      mp4mux \! \
      filesink location=a.mp4

WMV -> MP4 (easy)
  % gst-launch-0.10 \
      filesrc location=a.wmv \! \
      ffdemux_asf name=demux \
      demux. \! queue \! ffdec_wmv2 \! ffenc_mpeg4 name=video_enc \
      demux. \! queue \! ffdec_wmav2 \! faac name=audio_enc \
      mp4mux name=mux \
      video_enc. \! queue \! mux. \
      audio_enc. \! queue \! mux. \
      mux. \! filesink location=a.mp4


Thanks,
--
kou
7c3f3b40bc3154001df0a4a394d5b479?d=identicon&s=25 John S. (john_s79)
on 2012-12-24 10:43
78c0913055a1c2caabe0e115f719dba0?d=identicon&s=25 Simon Jacobs (jacobscomeon)
on 2014-03-24 15:01
Try Faasoft Video Converter at:
http://faasoft.com/articles/play-wmv-on-mac.html
F01e31ab96a3936499be4e58e8bec249?d=identicon&s=25 Blanny Kim (blannykim)
on 2014-07-18 11:30
I did not try it, but you can try with Firecoresoft Video Converter, it
can set the output format as raw video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRShWexkwWc
Cae1d5ed4e3f74feca192a2fcac382aa?d=identicon&s=25 Frances Keels (frakencle)
on 2014-12-03 07:11
I just found out a step by step guide on how to convert WMV to MP4 at:
http://www.faasoft.com/articles/wmv-to-mp4-mac-and...

It also helps convert WMV to MOV, AVI, SWF, FLV, WebM, OGV, ASF, etc.

Hope it will help you more or less.
09370384529f555441e78409c3f869e7?d=identicon&s=25 Alfred Bobes (alfredbobes)
on 2015-01-21 09:23
I recommend iDelashare VideoGo which is especially designed to batch
convert WMV to MP4 with fast  speed and high quality on Mac OS X or
Windows.

Step by step guide at
http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/wmv-to-m...

More features about this professional WMV to MP4 converter:

    Besides converting WMV to MP4,  as a professional video or audio
converter, it also achieves conversion among most video and audio format
like WMV, MOV, AVI, MPG, RMVB, Apple ProRes, DV, 3GP, MPEG-1, MPEG-2,
MKV, WTV, FLV, OGV, F4F, F4V, TS, MXF, AVCHD, DVR, DAV, ASF, SWF, MP3,
FLAC, OGG, WAV, WMA, DTS, and etc.
    Aside from WMV to MP4 Converter, it also act as a video and audio
editor, adjusts video and audio like trim, crop, split, merge, rotate,
compress, effect, watermark, etc.
73d293db1e4e0368eec3fd7be3f72af8?d=identicon&s=25 Becky Payne (beckypayne)
on 2015-03-24 04:07
To convert WMV to MP4, you can turn to Video Converter. Download the
software on you computer and finish installation. Then, import WMV
videos into the program and choose MP4 as output format. Finally, hit
the "Convert" button. The whole conversion will last for three minutes
or so, but it also depends on the quantity and quality of the imported
videos.
73d293db1e4e0368eec3fd7be3f72af8?d=identicon&s=25 Becky Payne (beckypayne)
on 2015-03-26 07:36
Becky Payne wrote in post #1170786:
> To convert WMV to MP4, you can turn to Video Converter. Download the
> software on you computer and finish installation. Then, import WMV
> videos into the program and choose MP4 as output format. Finally, hit
> the "Convert" button. The whole conversion will last for three minutes
> or so, but it also depends on the quantity and quality of the imported
> videos.
www.converter-video.com/wmv-converter/wmv-to-mp4.html
74666433fcc88e94fc2efdbd49e193d8?d=identicon&s=25 Work Better (workbetterv)
on 2015-12-17 06:54
Alfred Bobes wrote in post #1166970:
> I recommend iDelashare VideoGo which is especially designed to batch
> convert WMV to MP4 with fast  speed and high quality on Mac OS X or
> Windows.
>
> Step by step guide at
> http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/wmv-to-m...
>
> More features about this professional WMV to MP4 converter:
>
>     Besides converting WMV to MP4,  as a professional video or audio
> converter, it also achieves conversion among most video and audio format
> like WMV, MOV, AVI, MPG, RMVB, Apple ProRes, DV, 3GP, MPEG-1, MPEG-2,
> MKV, WTV, FLV, OGV, F4F, F4V, TS, MXF, AVCHD, DVR, DAV, ASF, SWF, MP3,
> FLAC, OGG, WAV, WMA, DTS, and etc.
>     Aside from WMV to MP4 Converter, it also act as a video and audio
> editor, adjusts video and audio like trim, crop, split, merge, rotate,
> compress, effect, watermark, etc.

I love this recommend, and it helps to easily can batch convert WMV to
MP4, MOV, ProRes etc
4828d528e2e46f7c8160c336eb332836?d=identicon&s=25 Robert Heiler (shevegen)
on 2016-02-14 21:43
It seems as if some scripts trigger the above spam, where fake users
post to recommend specific software. :P
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.