Forum: Ruby Netbean: cann't load win32ole?

iMelody O. (Guest)
on 2010-09-24 08:54
Fast Debugger (ruby-debug-ide 0.4.6) listens on localhost:53042
DL: This is only a partial implementation, and it's likely broken
D:/NetBeans/ruby2/jruby-1.4.0/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`require': no such file to load -- win32ole (LoadError)
David M. (Guest)
on 2010-09-24 16:49
iMelody O. wrote:
> Fast Debugger (ruby-debug-ide 0.4.6) listens on localhost:53042
> DL: This is only a partial implementation, and it's likely broken
> D:/NetBeans/ruby2/jruby-1.4.0/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
> `require': no such file to load -- win32ole (LoadError)

It appears that NetBeans is running your project on the JRuby platform,
which doesn't include a win32ole library.

Right-click on the project icon and select Properties. In the Project
Properties window, click on Run and switch the Ruby Platform from JRuby
to your standard Ruby install.

David
Charles N. (Guest)
FWIW, a win32ole library is in development and should be in JRuby for
1.6.
David M. (Guest)
on 2010-09-25 04:01
Charles Nutter wrote:
> FWIW, a win32ole library is in development and should be in JRuby for
> 1.6.

This is excellent news, thanks!

David
Anand S. (Guest)
on 2010-10-25 12:28
Charles Nutter wrote:
> FWIW, a win32ole library is in development and should be in JRuby for
> 1.6.

Nice! Is there an early version that I can play with and what would be a
trend date (just a guidance would do) for JRuby 1.6 release ?
Luis L. (Guest)
On Oct 25, 5:29am, "Anand S." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Charles Nutter wrote:
> > FWIW, a win32ole library is in development and should be in JRuby for
> > 1.6.
>
> Nice! Is there an early version that I can play with and what would be a
> trend date (just a guidance would do) for JRuby 1.6 release ?

http://rubygems.org/gems/jruby-win32ole
Maarten B. (Guest)
on 2010-10-26 10:29
Luis L. wrote in post #956873:
> On Oct 25, 5:29am, "Anand S." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Charles Nutter wrote:
>> > FWIW, a win32ole library is in development and should be in JRuby for
>> > 1.6.
>>
>> Nice! Is there an early version that I can play with and what would be a
>> trend date (just a guidance would do) for JRuby 1.6 release ?
>>

> http://rubygems.org/gems/jruby-win32ole

you could also check:
http://kenai.com/projects/jwin32ole
wrote that some time ago as a proxy lib to the JACOB project library
It does the basic automation.