Forum: Typo Integrating typo into website

79cb1e73ee816be42cf4eb6907225529?d=identicon&s=25 Tim Sitnikov (tims)
on 2010-08-19 01:44
Is there a way to integrate typo into web site?  I would like most of my
pages to have other content, and one of my pages would have the Typo
blog but it would use my layout and typo blog would be inserted into it,
similar to how <%= yield  %> inserts content. Or is there software
better suited for this.
8f6b8e99f52f0928287b01a006950f52?d=identicon&s=25 Matijs van Zuijlen (mvz)
Hi Tim,

On 08/19/2010 01:44 AM, Tim Sitnikov wrote:
> Is there a way to integrate typo into web site?  I would like most of my
> pages to have other content, and one of my pages would have the Typo
> blog but it would use my layout and typo blog would be inserted into it,
> similar to how<%= yield  %>  inserts content. Or is there software
> better suited for this.

I also have typo integrated into a larger web site. I did this by
installing
typo in a sub-uri (http://www.matijs.net/blog/), and creating a typo
theme with
the look I wanted for the entire web site. All my other pages match the
HTML
typo would generate, and use typo's style sheets.

If the rest of your web site is also a Rails app then perhaps you're
really
looking for a blogging plugin. In that case, have a look at the
following URLs
(caveat: I haven't tried any of these):

http://github.com/pullmonkey/simple_blog
http://www.williambharding.com/blog/rails/bloggity...