Forum: Rails Engines Engine routes

18a4cfd669d998263f9824ed5efeab41?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Rigart (damick)
on 2010-08-01 17:51
Hi all,

I have a small question regarding Rails 3 / engines en routes file.

At this point, I start my routes file with the following line:

Rails.application.routes.draw do |map|

But, since Rails 3 RC 1, I got deprecation warnings in my app saying
that Rails.application will become deprecated, using
ProjectName::Application instead, but also that you need to drop the
|map| parameter.

Now, that is in a project, but what about engines? Since engines are
small sub applications that can be used in multiple apps, you can't just
use Projectname::Application.

Any comments on this issue?
C2cf6f047cdb0590f03ad59a78181aa1?d=identicon&s=25 Matthew Crouch (mobilezilla)
Hi Michael,

Try using this instead:

Rails::Application.routes.draw do

I am using this with RC1 and get no warnings.

Cheers

Matt

On 1 Aug 2010, at 16:51, Michael Rigart wrote:

> ProjectName::Application instead, but also that you need to drop the

Matthew Crouch
Mobilezilla

Telephone:    +44 (0) 7958 592 326
Email:             mcrouch@mobilezil.la
Web:               http://www.mobilezil.la
Skype:            mobilezilla

Please consider the environment before printing out this email.

The contents of this email are confidential to the addressee
and are intended solely for the recipients use. If you are not
the addressee, you have received this email in error.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in
reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author
personally.

All email communications are recorded for monitoring purposes.