Forum: Typo Typo 5.5 for Rails 2.3.8

700f9a3b883e6a04d018f48290b1a3fd?d=identicon&s=25 de Villamil Frédéric (Guest)
Hello,

On July 22th, 2010, Typo version 5.5 named for famous photographer
Richard Avedon was released to the public. Typo 5.5 is the result of the
work of the Typo community, just like you, on adding or suggesting
feature, reporting and fixing bugs.

With its new admin and setup, Typo 5.4.4 was supposed to be the latest
minor version running on Ruby on Rails 2.3, and we spent a few months
exploring 2 new ways.

The first one was being able to upgrade to Ruby on Rails 3.0 as soon as
it would be released as production ready. Despite porting our own code
without problems, we promptly discovered that too many plugins needed to
be ported to Rails 3.0 before we could release.

The second one was making Typo multiblog aware. Despite some interesting
results, making it production ready was not the work of a single
release. Our architecture is definitely mono blog oriented, and making
it multi blog would force us to rewrite most of the code.

So, we decided to make one more release on Ruby on Rails 2.3, upgrading
to Rails 2.3.8. This release is Typo 5.5. It comes with a few new
feature, bug fixes, and internal improvements.

== Highlights:

Typo now runs on Ruby on Rails 2.3.8, which means it won't run with an
older Rails version.

Being a long time wanted feature, Typo now handles password protected
posts.

Typo visual editor had no way to upload, browse, and use images. Thanks
to htty, we now have a very nice resource browser CKEditor compliant.

As I wrote on Typo Weblog (http://res.to/aQz6), we've added a way to
display users plugins setup into Typo admin. This is a first step on the
way to a real plugin API.

Typo now comes with a new cache system, way simpler than the database
based cache we used to do. Files are stored into public/cache and Typo
knows how to served cached file. You may need to update your
configuration, please read doc/CACHE.SETUP.README

For more information on Typo 5.5, please read the CHANGELOG file.

As usual, we want to thank the Typo community, and in particular, by
reverse commit order: Daniel Schweighoefer, htty, Yannick
Francois,Szymon 'jeznet' Jeż, Diego Elio 'Flameeyes' Pettenò, Kristopher
Murata and Michael Reinsch.
--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player
> So, we decided to make one more release on Ruby on Rails 2.3, upgrading to Rails 2.3.8.
This release is Typo 5.5. It comes with a few new feature, bug fixes, and internal
improvements.

Just finished upgrading to Typo 5.5, the admin looks great, nice work
everyone!
Mike

work: http://sas.quat.ch/
blog: http://plasti.cx/
twitter: http://twitter.com/monde
github: http://github.com/monde
Le 24 juil. 2010 à 20:34, Mike Mondragon a écrit :

> Just finished upgrading to Typo 5.5, the admin looks great, nice work everyone!
> Mike

Hello Mike,

Glad to hear you like it. Please, don't hesitate to tell us if you think
something's missing or if you meet any issue

Cheers
Frédéric