Forum: JRuby Trouble making .jar command failed with status (127)

Dca31bc792ba06cce517599522cc7a5e?d=identicon&s=25 David Ainley (wrinkliez)
on 2010-07-07 08:32
I know this is probably a dumb mistake, but can someone help me?  Any
time I try to use as "rake rawr:jar" i get the error

javac -target 1.6 -cp
lib/java/jruby-complete.jar;lib/java/monkeybars-1.04.jar;src;lib/ruby
-sourcepath src;lib/ruby -d package/classes/java
src/org/rubyforge/rawr/Main.java
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (127): [javac -target 1.6 -cp
lib/java/jruby-comp...]

anyone know whats happening here?  I read this guys advice
http://groups.google.com/group/rawr-lib/browse_thr...
but the only problem is, I get the problem even when I don't edit the
files. :/
0c1520038e7f70997042b0c9e721df76?d=identicon&s=25 James Britt (Guest)
David Ainley wrote:
> I know this is probably a dumb mistake, but can someone help me?  Any
> time I try to use as "rake rawr:jar" i get the error
>
> javac -target 1.6 -cp
> lib/java/jruby-complete.jar;lib/java/monkeybars-1.04.jar;src;lib/ruby
> -sourcepath src;lib/ruby -d package/classes/java
> src/org/rubyforge/rawr/Main.java
> rake aborted!
> Command failed with status (127): [javac -target 1.6 -cp
> lib/java/jruby-comp...]

What version of rawr, and what version of jruby?

James

--

Neurogami - Smart application development

http://www.neurogami.com

james@neurogami.com

Dca31bc792ba06cce517599522cc7a5e?d=identicon&s=25 David Ainley (wrinkliez)
on 2010-07-07 09:59
> What version of rawr, and what version of jruby?
>

> James
>
> --

rawr 1.3.9 and jruby 1.5.1 :]
David Ainley wrote:
>> What version of rawr, and what version of jruby?
>>

>> James
>>
>> --
>>

> rawr 1.3.9 and jruby 1.5.1 :]

You might do better to grab the current code form the github repo.
There have been changes to jruby that broke how rawr was doing
compilation and such, making it explode.  That's fixed in trunk.

http://github.com/rawr/rawr

James

--

Neurogami - Smart application development

http://www.neurogami.com

james@neurogami.com

Dca31bc792ba06cce517599522cc7a5e?d=identicon&s=25 David Ainley (wrinkliez)
on 2010-07-08 02:38
i installed rawr 1.4.0 and got the same error.  maybe i should downgrade
to jruby 1.4.1?
Dca31bc792ba06cce517599522cc7a5e?d=identicon&s=25 David Ainley (wrinkliez)
on 2010-07-08 03:01
edit

okay ive even downgraded to jruby 1.4.1 and its still giving me the same
error.  am i messing up something incredibly basic?
David Ainley wrote:
> i installed rawr 1.4.0 and got the same error.  maybe i should downgrade
> to jruby

I hadn't used rawr for a while because I had my own fork, and because I
was largely working on older code that used earlier jruby jars.

When I took over as rawr-meister I poked around a bit and the most
notable error  was getting during code compilation.  JRuby had changed
the naming of some classes/modules used to invoke the complier, which
broke rawr.

gioele's fix for this should allow for compiling with both 1.4 and 1.5.
   If the  error you're getting is relate to compilation, then there's a
bug; you should have to drop to an older JRuby.

If the error is something else I don't know if changing JRuby versions
will help (but I'd be interested to know if it does).

James

--

Neurogami - Smart application development

http://www.neurogami.com

james@neurogami.com

0522e76d7f3e6f22bb0b8e4e8d5eb403?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Werner (stwerner)
on 2010-08-27 23:25
David Ainley wrote:
> edit
>
> okay ive even downgraded to jruby 1.4.1 and its still giving me the same
> error.  am i messing up something incredibly basic?

Had the same error today.  Adding the jdk bin directory to my path
solved my problem
Existing account

No account? Register here.