Forum: IronRuby MutableString issues on IronRuby

7e6b1beeeb7584e16a1dcb9941fb6da0?d=identicon&s=25 Douglas Campos (Guest)
Hi!

I'm struggling with a weird error - I have a string filled up with
binary data, and when I ask .length  to it, CLR raises an exception
telling it could not convert from specified charset to unicode. Is there
any place to inform ironruby to use the "none" encoding for such
strings? (as like MRI 1.8 works) - It's a bug, a feature?

IronRuby 1.0 (.net 2.0)

Thanks!

Douglas Campos (qmx)
douglas@theros.info
+55 11 6762 5959
Cb51033949ffccd982ae32c9f890f25a?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Matousek (Guest)
Could you please send a snippet of code or a file that demonstrates the
problem?

Tomas
7e6b1beeeb7584e16a1dcb9941fb6da0?d=identicon&s=25 Douglas Campos (Guest)
Thanks for the fast response

https://gist.github.com/cb0450e5b2cb714a0ce8

HTH

On Jun 29, 2010, at 1:27 AM, Tomas Matousek wrote:

> Hi!
> +55 11 6762 5959

Douglas Campos (qmx)
douglas@theros.info
+55 11 6762 5959
532a73f76b5914a15764d6c5b863bf19?d=identicon&s=25 Kenneth Carter (kccarter)
on 2010-10-04 23:58
Douglas Campos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm struggling with a weird error - I have a string filled up with
> binary data, and when I ask .length  to it, CLR raises an exception
> telling it could not convert from specified charset to unicode. Is there
> any place to inform ironruby to use the "none" encoding for such
> strings? (as like MRI 1.8 works) - It's a bug, a feature?
>
> IronRuby 1.0 (.net 2.0)
>
> Thanks!
>

> Douglas Campos (qmx)
> douglas@theros.info
> +55 11 6762 5959

I have also had some issues with MutableString not support the
IConvertable Interface used by the Convert C# class.