Forum: Rails deployment rake db:migrate error .. please help

2556dece67f53b25dd0d3a8717f07541?d=identicon&s=25 Shivhari Shankar (shivhari)
on 2010-06-07 09:59
I'm really new to ruby on rails and all of this.

I'm using mysql as a database server and i created a database with the
name music_library_development, with a table in it.

Then i edit the database.yml file accordingly for mysql.
  adapter: mysql
  database: music_library_development
  username: root
  password: password
  host: localhost

after saving i go to the command prompt and inside the project folder
and type rake db:migrate..

i get the following error:-

rake aborted!
Mysql::Error: query: not connected: CREATE TABLE 'schema_migrations'
('version' varchar(255) NOT NULL) ENGINE=InnoDB

whats going wrong ??
5535295c69d23b872494f6b137badf4d?d=identicon&s=25 Andola Soft (andolasoft)
on 2010-10-12 15:20
you should first create the database before migrating it. use "rake
db:create" first and then migrate it. it should work..
37f51e0d0c7a647a45c89fdf96cb4b37?d=identicon&s=25 Senthil Nambi (senthilnambi)
on 2010-10-15 10:51
Andola Soft wrote in post #949498:
> you should first create the database before migrating it. use "rake
> db:create" first and then migrate it. it should work..

I was going to say that, but he mentions he did create it manually.

After a bit of googling, I found this post which seemed to have helped
others with this problem:
http://forums.aptana.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7563...

-sunny
http://ezror.com