Forum: wxRuby Keyboard only menus

14ad18ddce0d8207fae9dd19641812b0?d=identicon&s=25 Dunlop, Andrew (Guest)
Hello all,

I have a popup menu which I want to only be controllable using keyboard
(actually it's a games controller mapped to key presses, but that's not
important).

I'm not sure it would be possible to restrict menus like that but
thought I would ask the question just in case.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Dunlop  MEng(Hons) MIET
Engineer

Tel:    +44 (0)1794 833441
andrew.dunlop@roke.co.uk

--
Roke Manor Research Ltd, Romsey,
Hampshire, SO51 0ZN, United Kingdom

A Siemens company
Registered in England & Wales at:
Siemens plc, Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square,
Frimley, Camberley, GU16 8QD. Registered No: 267550
Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is
proprietary to Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any
third party without permission. This communication is for information
only and shall not create or change any contractual relationship.
hi Andrew

Dunlop, Andrew wrote:

> I have a popup menu which I want to only be controllable using
> keyboard (actually it’s a games controller mapped to key presses, but
> that’s not important).
>
> I’m not sure it would be possible to restrict menus like that but
> thought I would ask the question just in case.

Not sure I understand 100% - but Wx::AcceleratorTable offers a concise
way to define keyboard shortcuts for a Frame etc. But using a normal
desktop context menu would kind of imply control by mouse or keyboard,
no? Unless you hide the mouse pointer, somehow?

cheers
alex
Edbca082369e054865b8419d4fc7fbe2?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Dunlop (ajdunlop)
on 2010-05-25 15:32
Alex Fenton wrote:
> hi Andrew
>
> Dunlop, Andrew wrote:
>>
>> I have a popup menu which I want to only be controllable using
>> keyboard (actually it�s a games controller mapped to key presses, but
>> that�s not important).
>>
>> I�m not sure it would be possible to restrict menus like that but
>> thought I would ask the question just in case.
>>

> Not sure I understand 100% - but Wx::AcceleratorTable offers a concise
> way to define keyboard shortcuts for a Frame etc. But using a normal
> desktop context menu would kind of imply control by mouse or keyboard,
> no? Unless you hide the mouse pointer, somehow?
>
> cheers
> alex

I am using a pointer mapped to a controller joystick and then when the
menu pops up I want to navigate the menu using the D-pad as this is
easier.